About to be new owner in Australia

Thread: About to be new owner in Australia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

About to be new owner in Australia

Hi All

Just sold my Rocket 3 Roadster and about to lay my money down on a new left over 2013 Red F6B.
    I did love my Rocket and the power made you grin from ear to ear, but I needed a change with a little lower seat height and designed more for touring without getting a full dresser.
    I haven't even test rode an F6B as there are none near me so I am buying blind.

Cheers

Could someone also explain the linked brakes.

Congrats!!! You will not be disappointed !!! The linked brakes are exactly that...linked...when you apply the rear brake, part on the front activates as well...when you apply the front part of the back also activates... Honda has used this for maybe 40 yeas... no big deal and you may not even notice...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by nox View Post
    Hi All

Just sold my Rocket 3 Roadster and about to lay my money down on a new left over 2013 Red F6B.
    I did love my Rocket and the power made you grin from ear to ear, but I needed a change with a little lower seat height and designed more for touring without getting a full dresser.
    I haven't even test rode an F6B as there are none near me so I am buying blind.

Cheers
    Hi, nox! Well, as a previous owner of an R3 (and mine was tuned making 150hp), you will not miss it at all. Oh sure, that motor was pretty awesome but the handling was not even close to what we have in the F6B. Our power is not nearly as "raw" as a tuned R3 power plant but it is sufficient to get the job done and, we have the suspension and braking to go along with it. You won't experience "wallowing" in the curves like you saw on the R3 when you really pushed it. The F6B frame is much more rigid and overall handling is good as is but can be made even better with aftermarket fork kits like Traxxion Dynamics or Progressive. Oh yeah, you're going to enjoy this ride .
    Ken (Hornblower)

from Advance.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Nice one Nox, there are about half a dozen owners in Australia on this forum and a wealth of info that has helped me put together the after market parts from the US, too expensive to buy here. Any help, just give me a tingle.

Chris3.jpg

Good to see another Aussie. Where are you from ? By the way, i'm sure you'll love the F6B. As soon as i test rode mine i knew it was for me. It's like riding on a cloud with a jet strapped to your back.

Cool

Which part of Aus are you in ?
    I have the red F6b and am very happy