wanted: warm hands
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wanted: warm hands

wanted: warm hands

this winter. Or at least hands that don't need to be thawed.

Anyone try hand guards like this that were heated or not? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Barkbusters-...item3f37ded718

Bulky gloves or heated gloves are not a good option for me. Maybe heated grips? I added heated grips to my 92 Old Wing and they were ok. Only dislike was at full heat the glue would turn loose and the grips would...not grip...the bars. Also I like the feel of my stock 6 grips so I'm not inclined to go with after market heated grips.

Thoughts/ideas about the hand guards?
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Baker Hand Wings or the National Cycle version.

I have to ask why not heated gloves? I live relatively close to you (near Augusta GA) so the weather is the same. I bought heated gloves from Cycle Gear store. Seem like great quality. They are so well insulate that I rarely even use the heated option, just having them on is enough in our climate most of the time.

I had heated grips on several bikes, not on F6B. Although nice I prefer heated gloves. If it's really cold outside and I do decide to ride I have to have some kind of gloves on too, as using just heated gripes is not enough. Grips do heat the palms of your hands but the top part of your hands will be still exposed to elements and be very cold. In fact, in the past I used heated grips on highest setting due to not having gloves, and I even have gotten blisters on my palms from them while I didn't feel them being so hot while riding.

I also have Baker Wings under mirrors and to my mind they are a must on F6B. They allow more focused air flow on you in summer and keep more cold air from you in the winter.

I also use Shark Super Skinz over stock grips. They make grips wider and are much more comfortable while riding. They also are not as cold in the winter as stock grips.

If you like the 'handlebar mittens' by all means get them. I don't like the looks of them, I think they are more meant for scooters and ATV's and snowmobiles. Also, the link you posted they cost about the same as what I paid for the heatd gloves, which can be used year round without the heat, too.

I hope this helps you decide.

The OEM heated grips work amazing on the F6.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrf13 View Post
    The OEM heated grips work amazing on the F6.

+1
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

heat

XKnight, Cool Hand Luke,

2 votes for Baker Wings, I'll look at those further as they also have summer time benefit. Looks a lot better than the mittens. Dang! "Mittens"..."Bad to the bone F-6B"... man. Can a thread be deleted?

Good question on why not heated gloves Cool Hand. Never tried them. Guess it's just the idea of being tethered to the bike. I'll think about that option some more. Also interesting idea on the Super Shark Skins, I find my hands on the outside of the grips often.

Appreciate the thoughts.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

BT45R 130/70-18

OEM

Mrf13, Steve0080,

I had not looked at OEM grips, looks like $237 from ebay. Is that about the right price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-OEM-GE...item3f25d852c8

I take your comments to mean there are no hot spots and grip problems with OEM.

Thanks

BT45R 130/70-18

Haven't noticed hot spots. They will get very hot. Then I turn them down. I believe they have 6 levels of adjustment. I haven't used them in quite some time. I live in Louisiana.

[QUOTE=Drive Jehu;45728][SIZE=4]Mrf13, Steve0080,

I had not looked at OEM grips, looks like $237 from ebay. Is that about the right price?

Sounds about right, when the dealer upgraded my standard he put in the OEM heated grips. Just had a chance to use them yesterday at about 5K feet, really work great! From what the dealer told me, they were more difficult to install then he anticipated.
    ss^,
    Ken

Move to Florida
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt