Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
It seems improbable that just an ECU remap can change the Touring's output from 105 HP to the Roadster's 146 HP, but I guess I'll have to take your word for it.
My question is, do both engines have the same compression ratio, cam profiles, intake, and exhaust systems?
Yes, except for the exhaust. The ECU remap apparently takes you a good part of the way, to nearly 130 HP. To go all the way, a new exhaust is required (along with yet another ECU remap), which I probably won't need -- at least not right away. All this is according to R3Owner's forum posts. When compared to Honda, Triumph is a rather small manufacturer and the Rocket 3 is not a big seller (just a few hundred examples per year in the US) so a lot of commonality can be expected between variants.

The Rocket 3 and the F6B are very different machines. It's safe to say the F6B is more refined and probably more reliable. I'm only "hung up" on ABS because of a couple scares some years ago on my old BMW R90S. I believe ABS would have helped, but maybe not. However, ABS on bikes is here to stay, and I believe it's even mandated in some countries.

One last question: while it's not a deal-breaker for me, has the paint issue ever been addressed by Honda, or do we have to wait for the 2015s to see if it got better? There seems to be a variety of opinions on this topic. Thank you for your help!