Getting ready for the 2015's ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting ready for the 2015's ?

I'm one who can appreciate the capability of this bike as it is. Every other bike I've owned in the last 11 years, I've added some sort of ECM manipulator. For my Kawasaki Meanstreak, it was just to prevent pinging. For the Harley's, just trying to get some semblance of performance . Call me old, or complacent, but this bike has plenty of performance for me.

Y'all go for it if you need more!

The Rocket 3 and the F6B are very different machines. It's safe to say the F6B is more refined and probably more reliable....
    A close friend I ride with has a 2012 Rocket III Roadster, and I am not impressed with it.
    Sure it has a huge engine, massive tires, and tons of chrome, but ....
    It has too many annoyances for me, can't see anything in the mirrors due to vibration.
    There's a few places with peeling chrome, and then there's the minor oil leak.
    But the deal breaker for me are the electrical "gremlins" that the dealer can't find.
    To me, it's nothing more than a large displacement engine on 70's technology.
    Anyway, he's trying to sell that for a new Valkyrie.

I have ABS on mine and if it did not come with it I still would have bought the 6. I tried testing out the ABS and you would not even know it's there unless you brake real hard. I think the linked brakes are just fine. As far as the Rocket, I test drove one this summer and while it is a very nice looking and powerful beast I found it top heavy. The F6B is a keeper.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Being a previous Rocket III owner, and IMHO, the ONLY great thing about that bike was the motor. With some aftermarket performance bits, and a custom tune, mine was making right at 150 HP. Unfortunately, the frame, suspension, and brakes couldn't keep up with it . The F6B is a considerably better "package".
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Being a previous Rocket III owner, and IMHO, the ONLY great thing about that bike was the motor. With some aftermarket performance bits, and a custom tune, mine was making right at 150 HP. Unfortunately, the frame, suspension, and brakes couldn't keep up with it . The F6B is a considerably better "package".
    I have owned a Rocket and taken Rocket test rides the last 2 years and I agree.

Has anyone seen pricing on the 2015 Deluxe? Just wondering how much difference one will pay for a 2015 when all your really getting over a 2013 is cruise control. At least I think that is the only difference.

I saw $21,499.00 for a 2015 deluxe model on Cycle Trader, the dealer was in Arizona. I am patiently waiting for the 2015 models to be released, my salesman at my local dealer told me told me he could sell me a 2015 deluxe for around $20,000.00. I'm waiting to see what the price for the word "around" means??!!
    Mark A Holmes
    Pace, FL

Quote Originally Posted by erazor55 View Post
    I'm one who can appreciate the capability of this bike as it is. Every other bike I've owned in the last 11 years, I've added some sort of ECM manipulator. For my Kawasaki Meanstreak, it was just to prevent pinging. For the Harley's, just trying to get some semblance of performance . Call me old, or complacent, but this bike has plenty of performance for me.

Y'all go for it if you need more!
    +1. My sentiment exactly.