Need more legroom

Thread: Need more legroom

Need more legroom

First, I've tried the search function and can't find the answer, so if this has been answered, I apologize. I'm new to the f6b, having done 75000 miles in the last 8 years on two cruisers. VTX 1300 and Yamaha roadliner. I traded for the f6b because I was tired of the "personality" of the v-twin and wanted something with smooth power and better handling. Let me say that in those categories, I'm more than satisfied! Now to my issue. I NEED MORE LEG ROOM. I ride a lot. I live in East Tennessee and have made two trips to Sturgis, two Key West rides, a 5500 mile trip to Tombstone, Az which included an iron butt from Albequerque to Memphis, and last spring rode to Bar Harbor, Maine. Before I sink 500 - 750 bucks on a new seat, I'd love to hear from anyone who has replaced the stock seat with either the Mustang or Ultimate specifically regarding seating position. I think I would be much more comfortable on long rides (more than 500 miles per day) if I was a couple of inches further back in the saddle. Thanks for any input...

Sounds like the Ultimate King saddle would put you a inch back and a little higher from what others have posted here.Plus they give you 14 days to try it and all it costs is shipping back if you decide to return it.I'm 6'5" and that is what I am going to get next year when funds are avaliable.I installed the Kury mini boards which put your feet down a inch lower and can be adjusted foward and tilted.they helped me in extending the legs a little.Only other seat I can think of that would be custom made is the Day Long saddle-I know one rider here has his 4" back as he is a big boy too like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vol1chuck View Post
    First, I've tried the search function and can't find the answer, so if this has been answered, I apologize. I'm new to the f6b, having done 75000 miles in the last 8 years on two cruisers. VTX 1300 and Yamaha roadliner. I traded for the f6b because I was tired of the "personality" of the v-twin and wanted something with smooth power and better handling. Let me say that in those categories, I'm more than satisfied! Now to my issue. I NEED MORE LEG ROOM. I ride a lot. I live in East Tennessee and have made two trips to Sturgis, two Key West rides, a 5500 mile trip to Tombstone, Az which included an iron butt from Albequerque to Memphis, and last spring rode to Bar Harbor, Maine. Before I sink 500 - 750 bucks on a new seat, I'd love to hear from anyone who has replaced the stock seat with either the Mustang or Ultimate specifically regarding seating position. I think I would be much more comfortable on long rides (more than 500 miles per day) if I was a couple of inches further back in the saddle. Thanks for any input...
    Looking at your rides... I wish I was you.

I receny changed my stock seat to mustang.
    It does sit me lower and further back a little bit.
    I also installed the Rocky's risers tonight and Im VERY happy with the new riding position.
    I have the kury mini board also.
    I probably will install the roadsmith's comfort controls (moves the pegs forward and out) sometime in the future if I can find the cash to spare...
    I think I will be totally happy with my riding position then.

Quote Originally Posted by Vol1chuck View Post
    I think you want to look at the Ultimate King or a Russel Day long seat. Do you have highway pegs? I kind of assume you have, but just in case you don't, I asked. I have the Kury Ergo IIIs on mine and love them. The highway pegs are an essential item for spending long days in the saddle.
    I also have the Helibars on mine. The risers from Kuryakyn were my first try, but I would have pain in my upper back and shoulders after long day in the saddle. The Helibars cured that.

I was just out your way a month or so ago and I was not too far from you last week in Cookeville, TN for a ride last weekend.

The Ultimate King may work for you. It does give you a little more leg room. Ultimate also has a 100 percent refund policy, if the seat does not work for you. I purchased a king at their store in Daytona and road it 200-250 miles. It did not work for me. I called them and told them I would be there the next day to return it and get my stock seat back. They exchanged the seat and refunded my money, no questions asked. They are a good company to do business with.

The Mustang did not work for me. I liked the lower seat position but it increased my leg angle and made my legs uncomfortable on longer rides.

You might give Hartco a call and see if they are making seats for the F6B now. They do complete customs seats.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

I would recommend some highway pegs like the Rivco Aero pegs. They will allow you're to get your feet out in front of you on long highway rides and it will be the closest you can get to feeling like you're on a cruiser. With the F6 motor being where it is your normal leg room will be limited even with a different seat. You'll only get maybe an inch or so back with a different seat.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I would recommend some highway pegs like the Rivco Aero pegs.

That's the ticket...!

Also, the Kury mini-boards allow you to balance your heel on the end of the board, which gives me a nice stretch...
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

One of our members had the same issue. He had Russell Day Long build him a custom saddle that moved him back 4" and up 3". With that change, he had F4 Customs build him a 20" windshield. He also had Helibars installed to reposition his handlebars and Kury mini floorboards to get that extra lowered inch of peg position. He is 6'6", I am 6'. No way I could ride his bike for any distance but it is comfortable for him and that is all that matters in the end. All of his takeoffs are stored in my garage so he can go back to stock if he desires.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the replies. I DO have the ergoIII highway pegs from kuryakyn and they definitely help. Still looking for some room while shifting and breaking. Like what I've read about the Ultimate King.