If I were designing my own TPMS, these are the useability features I'd want:

- System… must read pressure and temperature and have user selectable units for both
- System… must be able to obtain live readings when the bike is parked
- Display… must be weatherproof
- Display… must be backlit for night viewing
- Display… must be hard wired to the bike instead of being battery powered only
- Display… must show pressure and temperature by default and not require a button press to see this
- Sensors… must report frequently; at least once every 1 minute
- Sensors… must have a “fast pressure loss” mode that reports immediately when this happens
- Sensors… must have reasonably long battery life; at least two or three years… ideally 5 to 7 years

- Nice to have... low sensor battery indicator (maybe this should be a requirement)
- Nice to have... since the display is hardwired to the battery, battery voltage can be displayed
- Nice to have... battery option for the display instead of requiring hard-wiring

I don't like dash clutter so I'd see about getting a panel-mount display that installs in the panel near the shelter keyhole. This is an out of the way location but is at least somewhat visible at a glance. Since the panel isn't in the riders field of view, you could install a small but BRIGHT dash mounted LED to alert you if any pressure or temperature thresholds have been crossed.