Windshields for the F6B ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windshields for the F6B ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Original post by "Steve 0080"

The stock "shorty" is worthless, need to replace it.
    You know it! Just ordered the clearview! Got the medium in smoke... will post when it comes! we have a late spring here temp in the 40s! Man love those heated grips!!!!! LIVE TO RIDE!

http://www.clearviewshields.com/blog...g-windshields/

I ordered the same thing on the 22nd and I has yet to ship.

UPDATE: Just recieved an E-mail that it is not scheduled to ship now until the 16th of May. I'm not sure it's worth the wait.

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Talked with Clearview... The 16th is just a target date!!! I don't like companies that mislead people!!! The riding season is too short here to wait a month or more for a windshield. Canceled order!!! Hello Klock Werks!!! Good luck to anyone dealing with Clearview !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Talked with Clearview... The 16th is just a target date!!! I don't like companies that mislead people!!! The riding season is too short here to wait a month or more for a windshield. Canceled order!!! Hello Klock Werks!!! Good luck to anyone dealing with Clearview !!!
    Let me know how you get on with the Klock Werks, I'm in two minds about that or the Cee Baily. Not sure if the flare is worth the extra money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    Will definitely let you know! My Email said 7 to 12 day to ship so will see, Maybe spring rush! I know what I don't like is this stock shield! Throws the wind right in your face!!! Good luck with your choice....Please let Us know how you like ?

Not worthless, the makers of hearing aids will doubtlessly like the shorty as it has worsened my tinnitus after only a few hundred miles of riding. I've just received my 14 inch Clearview ws that goes on tomorrow. Hopefully that will save me from going totally deaf.
    ss^,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    Not worthless, the makers of hearing aids will doubtlessly like the shorty as it has worsened my tinnitus after only a few hundred miles of riding. I've just received my 14 inch Clearview ws that goes on tomorrow. Hopefully that will save me from going totally deaf.
    Same here! Rode 200 miles this weekend with the stock shield and my tinnitus in my left ear is really bothering me for the last few days. I did wear ear plugs by the way. I pray I didn't do any further permanent damage to my hearing. I ordered a new Slipstreamer 19" shield with vent the day I bought the bike this past weekend, but of course couldn't resist riding my brand new F6. The Slipstreamer arrived today and I already installed it and did a 30 minute test ride at speeds up to 70MPH. No more deafening wind roar. I look through the shield as I expected and the F6 is nice and quiet which is one of the main reasons I bought it. My Harleys damaged my hearing over the years between the wind noise, engine noise and exhaust.

For those interested I paid $137 for the 19" Slipstreamer with vent and had it within 2 business days of my order with free shipping from Phat Performance Parts. I have never received a bike product so quickly with free shipping.

Here's a pic of the shield from the Phat Performance website. It's the same height as the tall Honda OEM screen, but I believe is 3" wider. It also allows about an inch of adjustment up or down when installing it, so you can have it anywhere from 18-20". I have mine at the highest height of 20". Easy to install and works great if you want a smooth and quite ride with no wind roar.

Attachment 6356

Obviously, anything larger is going to be better. What I did was buy a 19 inch clear for the winter and the Madstad for warmer weather. The Madstad allows me to look over the shield and it removes unwanted air from both myself and my passenger. And, it looks good.

Although, I posted this elsewhere just yesterday...

It was a three week wait for my Clearview Shields Medium (15") Light Gray, Sport cut, Upper Recurve, with vent.....but it finally arrived Monday last.

IMG_1073-1.jpg IMG_1074-2.jpg IMG_1075-3.jpg IMG_1080-5.jpg IMG_1082-6.jpg

I've not had the chance to ride it as yet...that comes Saturday morning (been raining here last several days.) By and large, it's hands down better than the stocker (duh!). As you can see in the fourth photo, it is also thicker than OEM. (OEM is 0.156" and Clearview claims theirs at 0.188", I've not yet mic'ed that to verify...but it's visibly thicker whatever the actual measure.)

I had hoped the 'Light Gray' would have been slightly more tinted (the website photos made it appear so)...but I still prefer this to the full 'Dark Gray' tint.

Also...and I ran out of buffer on this post, so I'll post in another...I had hopes for a little better optical transparency. Not that it is fogged, mind you.....just a little wavy. Possibly this is a function of the vent installation in concert with the Recurve? Can't say. As I said...haven't ridden it yet, so I don't know how much of a distraction this might be...if any.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---