I must be getting older - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I must be getting older

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I added Torq Master King Snake pipes over a year ago. Coming from the Harley world, these pipes are very mellow and not at all loud. I just think the F6B needs a small amount of attitude and the Torq Masters do the trick. No issues with hearing the radio and they do not produce the dreaded exhaust drone. They are just slightly louder than stock pipes.

You just woke up my bugs in my head! lol

I totally agree with you about "attitude"!

I guess I'll be saving for the Torq Master (or I've been looking at Bassani)
    I had Rineharts on my street glide and I LOVED the looks of the chrome pipes with the black tips. I like the tips of the Bassani better then the "extended" tips of the Rush pipes.
    The bad thing is that there are not many F6B on the street for me to see and listen to the custom exhaust before making my decision......

HELMET

I've never liked wearing a helmet when I ride.....

But I purchased a open face with flip up shield this morning, so I can ride through the cold winter in Phoenix (lol) comfortably....

I wouldve never thought there would be a day that I want a helmet!

I guess F6B is so fun to ride AND comfortable, it even changed my thoughts about helmets! lol

I'll be heading out to Northern AZ tomorrow for a ride and it will be pretty cold there (I heard it was 10F yesterday morning!). I'm sure my new helmet will keep me much more comfortable than without!

My ears are shot after riding loud Harleys for years. I enjoy the quietness of the F6B. Stock pipes will stay on for me. Tinnitus sucks and if I had a chance to do it over again I would have started wearing ear plugs when I was much younger and have kept the stocks pipes on all my bikes. It would have not only saved me money, but also saved my hearing.

As I get older things become much clearer. I have always loved the sound of power-----or I thought. A lot of stuff is in your/our heads. I don't think I have ever owned a bike this powerful or with so much torque. Does it take noise to justify that to onlookers????? If it is a Harley the answer is YES. This ain't a Harley, therefore the answer is no.

FLY STEALTH

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    My ears are shot after riding loud Harleys for years. I enjoy the quietness of the F6B. Stock pipes will stay on for me. Tinnitus sucks and if I had a chance to do it over again I would have started wearing ear plugs when I was much younger and have kept the stocks pipes on all my bikes. It would have not only saved me money, but also saved my hearing.
    I give years of working the flight line credit for my Tinnitus. I did start wearing ear plugs when I started where a half shell. I have had some extremely loud bikes but I think the wind noise permitted by a half shell does more damage than the loud pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawg View Post
    I give years of working the flight line credit for my Tinnitus. I did start wearing ear plugs when I started where a half shell. I have had some extreamlt loud bikes but I think the wind noise permitted by a half shell that does more damage than the loud pipes.
    I recently had my hearing checked and my Dr. suggested ear plugs regardless of pipes...He is also a long time rider and says he has gathered a lot of data than indicates wind noise and other sounds coming from the highway are far more damaging to ones ears than loud pipes, as a lot of the noise from pipes is behind the riders ears to a point....This is the second Dr. that has told me the same thing, that wind noise can cause far more damage to hearing than loud pipes, especially if you ride on the super-slab without a windshield, helmet or something to diminish wind noise.....No opinion, just repeating what I was told......My Dad never rode a motorcycle in his life, but his hearing went bad in his 70's from jet engines taking off and landing on the Naval base he worked on in California for over 20 years....Go figure....

I find myself wearing ear protection with my full face, I feel less fatigued after a long ride.
    And I still have my stock pipes on my bike as well. My wife asked me if it was safe to ride with ear plugs?
    I can still hear pretty much what's around me with no problems.

Stock pipes are good . No needs to upset the neighbors and on the road sound of wind is just enough . Gambling with costly pipes + tuning vs. questionable effect is not worth the effort .

Me Too !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Silence is indeed golden.

Last two H-D's made enough noise for a lifetime. Loving my stock pipes on the 6.