We have been insulted!!!!!! But he seems to be correct

Thread: We have been insulted!!!!!! But he seems to be correct

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    He's just jealous. At around $20k it's hardly a poor mans bike. It's the most expensive one I've ever bought. I think of it as "not your fathers Goldwing".
    Just remind him it'll still smoke his ride. Keeps you humble the rest of the time, until the next throttle twisting facedown.
    ss^,
    Ken

I have told people that it is a strip-down Goldwing. I also said my Valkyrie was also a strip-down wing but a friend also would say it was a Goldwing-want-a-be. It all about having fun with your ride.

Good comments from all..Me, personally, I don't give a "rats putoot" how others see or perceive my F6B or what they call it..I love the thing and intend to ride it for a long time...Set up the way I want, painted the way I want, and runs like I want....One of the best bikes, if not the best, I have owned/ridden in almost 60 years of riding.....Regards and ride safe

Money was not a factor in my decision to buy the F6B over a Goldwing. The Goldwing wasn't even a consideration for me when I was looking at new bikes. It was between the F6B and the Indian Chieftain. Chose the F6B over the Indian because of the smooth ride, awesome power and great handling. Honda's reliability was just icing on the cake.

If I wanted a full blown Wing that's what I would have bought, but like I said I have no interest in one. Don't need the trunk, reverse gear and other extra do dads that add weight and lessen the handling and power of the world class Flat 6 motor.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Good comments from all..Me, personally, I don't give a "rats putoot" how others see or perceive my F6B or what they call it..I love the thing and intend to ride it for a long time...Set up the way I want, painted the way I want, and runs like I want....One of the best bikes, if not the best, I have owned/ridden in almost 60 years of riding.....Regards and ride safe
    Exactly, Thank You. Could not have stated it any better.

But the comments above on jealousy need to be better defined ... I ride with a few full blown wings, never got the "poor mans wing" or the "gold wing wannabe" comments from a Gold Wing rider.
    It's only the H-D riders that make those comments to me, and that HAS TO BE jealousy, deep, deep, down they want a bike as fine as the F6B, but they settle for the fancy
    paint, chrome and maintenance costs. I know, I rode an FLH for a while. Now, if they want to pick on my OEM paint job, they got me there.

shooter
    I agree with Opas. Screw em. Who cares what they think. They're jealous. Yours is faster , rides better , looks better , and will definitely last longer. I bought what I wanted.

I bought my f6b because when I saw it I had to have it.
    Money not the issue.
    Its a bad azz mofo no lazy boy on back stripped down Wing flat 6 1800 beast.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Exactly, Thank You. Could not have stated it any better.

But the comments above on jealousy need to be better defined ... I ride with a few full blown wings, never got the "poor mans wing" or the "gold wing wannabe" comments from a Gold Wing rider.
    It's only the H-D riders that make those comments to me, and that HAS TO BE jealousy, deep, deep, down they want a bike as fine as the F6B, but they settle for the fancy
    paint, chrome and maintenance costs. I know, I rode an FLH for a while. Now, if they want to pick on my OEM paint job, they got me there.
    I don't talk much about my F6B. My friends and others tell me good things about it, and I just smile. cueman