We have been insulted!!!!!! But he seems to be correct - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We have been insulted!!!!!! But he seems to be correct

Oh well, I have both. Never really thought about the B being a stripped down wing. Now, maybe a sporty wing, but not a stripped down one.
    Grayeagle/Red Jim
    Santa Fe, Texas

2004 Flare Red Goldwing (RIP)
    2009 LE Columbia Blue Goldwing
    2013 Red & Black F6B

I bought my f6 for the look and reliability. Money had nothing at all to do with my purchase. At 6ft3 I would never fit on a full blown wing. Just too cramped. Hell I thought I was cramped on the f6 till I changed the seat. And At 38 yrs old I'm sure as hell not ready for the status that goes with the full blown wing(retired or old) Shit maybe in 20yrs I'll change my mind but for now I don't need all of that because I don't have time to ride all over the country

Looks like we're all in agreement here. We love our "B's". In the 36 years that I've been riding, I've never seen a ride that hasn't been modified or accessorized to some degree. That's what makes them unique (just like us). Just got mine a week ago and already have goodies on order. Now if only mother nature would let me have some quality time with my baby.

It's not a poor man's bike. We (bikers in general) are all a poor man after buying a bike. Just add up the price of the bike and after market products.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Having owned two full Wings prior to the F6B, I have described the F6B as a stripped down Gold Wing. I generally followup that statment with it is also fast, nimble, and really fun to ride!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As long as I can call it MINE, other people's opinions are none of my business.

the Best of the Best...

Sounds like we are all "preachin to the choir" on this one.....basic statements that apply to this topic of discussion...
    1. my F6B is mine...I bought it, I make the payments, I pay the license, fees, and taxes, I decide who rides it, where it goes....so I could care less about others who have no stake in my F6
    2. it is only human nature to personalize things we own...to separate it from like things owned by others....again...we own it, we can do what we want to personalize it....
    3. be happy and content with the bike you have and let others be happy with theirs....judge not and you shall not be judged....

Last, a personal comment....Over the last 50 some years, I have rode 17 different street bikes...BMW, Moto Guzzi, HDs, Hondas, Yamahas, Suzukis...and, in my opinion, I own the fastest, smoothest, and most comfortable one I've ever own Now

I replied earlier with my comments but forgot one I heard shortly after I got the F6B last year...Some guy in a gas station said it looked like a "Goldwing that had gone on a diet"...Kinda funny and correct I suppose!!

I was at the gas station while the wife fueled up her bike and the guy who pulled up to the next pump said " DAMN! I am a street glide guys but that I'd one BAD@SS gold wing " I replied with a thanks and he couldn't stop checking out my bike
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

My standard response that it is the "Performance Version" of the Goldwing.