Question about Bushtec wiring harness

Thread: Question about Bushtec wiring harness

Question about Bushtec wiring harness

I'm ordering the Bushtec ball hitch but was unsure of which wiring harness to get. Do I get the one for the Goldwing GL1800 or should I get the universal one? I believe that I read somewhere that the gl1800 harness would not fit the F6B but can't remember where. Damn old age .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

FWIW, I bought the Kury parts. They are plug and play on the F6B with the 3234 which leaves 1 accessory port open for extra Kury lights.

1 KU7676 Plug & Play Trailer Wiring/Relay $79.99
    1 KU3234 F6B Rear Accessory Light Plug & Play Harness $26.99

Got the part numbers from FlaMike's post in the following thread:

See post #2

You will still need to add a (5+1) trailer plug. This kit has an extra accessory +12V hot.

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I'm ordering the Bushtec ball hitch but was unsure of which wiring harness to get. Do I get the one for the Goldwing GL1800 or should I get the universal one? I believe that I read somewhere that the gl1800 harness would not fit the F6B but can't remember where. Damn old age .
    Get the universal one! I just went through this and the fine ppl on here said the universal one was the way to go. Assuming you are hauling a Buahtec trailer because this conector only fits a Bushtec. If you're ordering a ball hitch maybe you need something else.

I ordered the GW 1800 plug and play one and it doesn't fit the F6B. I paid dearly to have Honda splice it in because of time restraints.

BTW it's in "Bit of a pickle" thread.
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Get the universal one! I just went through this and the fine ppl on here said the universal one was the way to go. Assuming you are hauling a Buahtec trailer because this conector only fits a Bushtec. If you're ordering a ball hitch maybe you need something else.

I ordered the GW 1800 plug and play one and it doesn't fit the F6B. I paid dearly to have Honda splice it in because of time restraints.

BTW it's in "Bit of a pickle" thread.
    Glad you said that about the connector as I am not getting their trailer, just the hitch. I wonder if they sell a plug and play adapter?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Bushtec gets all their wiring from E/C 865-219-9192 ....Philip after 0930 EST...why...they are across the street from each other....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Bushtec gets all their wiring from E/C 865-219-9192 ....Philip after 0930 EST...why...they are across the street from each other....
    Thanks Steve!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994