Is there a transition shield for a Shoei Neotec

Thread: Is there a transition shield for a Shoei Neotec

Is there a transition shield for a Shoei Neotec

I have one for a Bell helmet I own, and find them great. Does Shoei, or a third party, make one for the NeoTec?

I wondered the same thing shortly after I got my NeoTec but was unable to find anything. After using the helmet for a couple of years, I have decided that with the built in sunshade the transition shield wasn't needed. Maybe using the built in sunshade with a transition shield might make for an illegally dark view. Kinda like auto window tint having legal limits.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    I wondered the same thing shortly after I got my NeoTec but was unable to find anything. After using the helmet for a couple of years, I have decided that with the built in sunshade the transition shield wasn't needed. Maybe using the built in sunshade with a transition shield might make for an illegally dark view. Kinda like auto window tint having legal limits.

I have never heard of such a thing; having two dark face shields making you illegal

I do have a transitions shield with my Bell F/F. It's very nice. The transitioning is very quick and reverts back pretty fast; depending on the changing ambient light.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

PGR Motors offers aftermarket CNS-1 visors in clear, smoke and 3 other fashion finishes. That's about it, at least to the best of my knowledge. $35 ea or $28 at Amazon.

I have never heard of such a thing; having two dark face shields making you illegal

Neither have I Will. I was thinking outside the box so to speak. I know there are regulations about how dark you can legally tint the windows on a car. That's so the Police can see what's going on inside the vehicle. It wouldn't surprise me if the legal department just looked at that law and said, "we don't want anything darker than what's allowed for cars and trucks, and our dark built in sunshield used with another dark(transition)shield might be too dark therefore we won't offer one." Sounds crazy I know, but I wouldn't doubt anything regarding legal liabilities.

Yea.. the reason for making too much tint on car windows illegal, is because the interior of the car cannot be viewed from the outside. I don't think that same reasoning is applicable to a M/C face shield...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I've had a Transitions visor on a Lazer helmet. They're simple and work well. I've since gone to a Neotec and the best you can get, to my knowledge, is tinted and mirrored visors. To get a genuine Shoei tinted visor I believe you have to get one from Europe.

Sounds great but $$$$ I bet.
    I put a couple strips of black tape, even w/ my eyebrows, side to side, to top of shield for riding into the sun. Just tip my head a bit. Works for me.
    Although a shield that darkened might work as well.