From FRANCE …. another video
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From FRANCE …. another video

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

From FRANCE …. another video

$23,990 Euros .

If you apply today's exchange rate (7-4-13) the cost in USA Dollars = $30,900

That's a lot of french baguettes , WOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F_NYDC3mwU

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom6B View Post

$23,990 Euros .

WOW is right for a motorcycle with a paint problem

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    WOW is right for a motorcycle with a paint problem

I just remembered that the European Models come with ABS, that adds to the cost.

In the video it shows a GL1800 left grip with the CB buttons on top of the radio controls, unlike the US models. Could this have been the Prototype that they showcased through the show circuit early on?

I just remembered that the European Models come with ABS, that adds to the cost.

In the video it shows a GL1800 left grip with the CB buttons on top of the radio controls, unlike the US models. Could this have been the Prototype that they showcased through the show circuit early on?

When it comes to motorcycles and motorcycle stuff I never usually complain about cost. If we in the US could get ABS on are F6B's I would get it and pay
    the price for it.

Cool

It's not CB buttons it's fot the radio
    DSC_0502.jpg

The Swede

My guess is the F6B will not be a huge seller in most of Europe. The people in the large cities want scooters and use them for daily transportation. Larger bikes fall into the sport bike, adventure touring and sport touring categories - before cruisers. I'm saying this based not on researching sales figures but by my own observations during a month of traveling there this year and last. Occasionally I saw a small group of weekend warriors on their H-Ds, or a few Goldwing's on tour, but not so much. I think the F6B will appeal more to riders who have access to the open road; USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and in Europe Sweden and Norway.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeahoo Whoyah View Post
    The people in the large cities want scooters and use them for daily transportation. I'm saying this based not on researching sales figures but by my own observations during a month of traveling there this year and last. Occasionally I saw a small group of weekend warriors on their H-Ds, or a few Goldwing's on tour, but not so much.
    I travel to Europe quite often and I agree with your observation. Scooters, mopeds and tiny cars are the norm for daily transportation since there is very limited parking space in the major cities, they virtually park on top of each other.

I have friends that are part of very large Goldwing Clubs in France, Belgium, Spain, Germany and Italy. My guess is that they ride the scooter during the week and the GoldWings on the weekends Gasoline prices in Europe at $11 - $12 per Gallon will discourage many from using the Big Bikes for a daily rider.

Screen shots of left hand grip and panel. Is that for XM? PTY, U and M buttons?

Left-France.jpgLeft-Panel.jpg
    "Ride Shiny Side Up"

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

$23,990 Euros .

In fact, distributors still sell it with a discount. I paid mine about 20.000 EUR / 27500 USD.
    The thing is that the EUR is really too high.
    I also have ABS, that's right. I don't understand why they sell the bike in USA without ABS, it's a smart technology.
    Well I used to ride my Dyna for a while without it, and really find this system intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

$23,990 Euros .

Dickie needs to tell them French they sell them for a LOT less elsewhere, that's a ridiculous price and none of us would stand for it!!