Torq Master Exhaust - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Torq Master Exhaust

latest on Black TorqMasters

I spoke to Jimmy last night (Thursday).
    There are currently 4 sets of pipes at coating and they are promised to be ready for pickup and shipment on Monday 7/1. To reach here (CT), will take about 4 working days for UPS. There will probably be a July 4th delay so I expect mine to arrive Monday 7/8. I see a 1/2 vacation day on Tuesday to install and test drive.

If they don't make it I will probably cancel and go with plain chrome. Still nice pipes, I'm just tired of waiting and $474 Vs $799 would leave extra for more accessories!

It's tough to compare prices when we are talking different items... Chrome Vs Black pipes. Regular chrome is cheaper. So if anyone has purchased Black TorqMasters for less than $799 please PM me with details.

More dissapointing news

OK here's another update...
    No black pipes yet.

Now they are promised to be coated by Tuesday 7/9. Then 4-5 working days to ship UPS.
    I verified that if they are delayed again, there are Chrome Daytona pipes available for shipment to me on Tuesday 7/9.

I don't like to order something and then back out but I'm heading out on vacation and want pipes on this bike before then! I know it's not Torqmaster's fault and someone will pick up the pipes I ordered a month ago when they are finished, with little or no wait.

I know that good things come to those who wait.
    I don't wanna wait, I want them now!!!!

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    OK here's another update...
    No black pipes yet.

Now they are promised to be coated by Tuesday 7/9. Then 4-5 working days to ship UPS.

I verified that if they are delayed again, there are Chrome Daytona pipes available for shipment to me on Tuesday 7/9.

I don't like to order something and then back out but I'm heading out on vacation and want pipes on the bike before then! I know it's not Torqmaster's fault and someone will pick up the pipes I ordered a month ago when they are finished, with little or no wait.
    I called Jimmy 2 days ago to find out what the deal was and he sounded like he was irritated at me for asking? I told him I was leaving for vacation on the 12th and he told me I should have them by then. It doesn't sound like it? I will call him on Monday to find out so I don't have my exhaust sitting outside my front door for a week.

I just finished installing my chrome Daytona's and the install went pretty well. I did struggle a little with the tabs but got it done. On the left-side muffler (the second one I installed), I lightly lubed the tabs with silicone grease and that seemed to help. I didn't do that on the right-side muffler and it didn't go on quite as far so I may have to loosen it, back it off and lube the tabs, and go at it again. Still, I am very happy with the fit and finish of these mufflers and the sound is exactly what I was hoping for.

FWIW, here's my review of this product. First, I'm glad I bought these as they are well-made, fit great, look good, and sound good. The only negative is that they do make for a bit of "drone" noise at highway speed. I guess that's to be expected for after market mufflers that offer a deeper tonal quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    FWIW, here's my review of this product. First, I'm glad I bought these as they are well-made, fit great, look good, and sound good. The only negative is that they do make for a bit of "drone" noise at highway speed. I guess that's to be expected for after market mufflers that offer a deeper tonal quality.

Thanks for the update. Now I just need mine to show up on my door step so I can install and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    So put in the optional additional baffles for the long trips and take them out again for the boulevard cruise.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    So put in the optional additional baffles for the long trips and take them out again for the boulevard cruise.
    Of course, I could do that and probably get back close to factory sound level which is pretty much silent. The main reason for installing the TorqMasters to begin with was so I could hear the motor at least a little bit and that part worked out fine. When I posted about being a bit of drone, I intentionally inserted the word "bit". What I hoped to convey was not so much a complaint but simply a recognition that there is significantly more droning or humming noise at highway speed. I'm not sure yet that this is going to actually be a problem for me but some might not like it and that's the reason for even mentioning it. I will say this...in a car, this definitely could get on someone's nerves but on a bike, it may be considered music

Once I hear "drone", I'm usually out. My Harley's had slightly louder pipes, but were almost silent at freeway speed. My Camaro exhaust isn't loud but drones at speed and it sucks...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I just spoke to Jimmy, he is picking up the black chrome exhausts tomorrow and hopes to ship them tomorrow as well.