Where are the F6B Riders coming from? - Page 7
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the F6B Riders coming from?

My last ride was a 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14. It was a great bike but not the right fit for me for rides longer than 200 miles. The F6B fits me well and keeps me in the saddle until I want to get off to look at the sites or to fuel up. I just didn't understand what I was missing by ignoring the Wings.

R-

Well I've been riding since I was a kid. Like 30 years now. Two things I said I would never buy, a Harley or a Goldwing. When I turned 40 I decided to get a Harley and see what that was all about. After two bikes, spending thousands of dollars and two years in and out of the shop I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted the F6B since I first saw it. So I paid down the Street Glide enough to make a deal and now I have it! My bike is my daily driver and the mileage on the Harley was really hurting the value. (I had 59,000 miles on a 2007 and nobody wanted it). I can't wait to rack up the miles on my F6B and not stress over it. Feels good to be FREE!

Came from Valkyrie Interstate

Love my f6b!... I live in Minnesota so I got off to a late start this year with the long winter and stupid wet spring, but have taken trips to Kentucky and last week to Black Hills of SD... the bike is awesome!... maybe too early... but might be best bike I have driven... my wife loves it as well.. more comfortable than the Valkyrie she says... works for me....

Dean

2sport bikes and 2cruisers

My wife, daughter, and I have had eight bikes most of the time, during the last 14 years. My daughter does not come out (from Houston to the Woodlands) much, my wife injured her back and does not ride and I have had a hard time keeping all the bikes up. SO, I am selling the 08 B-King, 09 Hayabusa, 10 Yamaha VT650, and the 00 ACE750. Then I will have my 08 GL1800, 13 F6B, and 09 Suzuki Burgman650 Exec. This is going to be just right, I believe.

Honda VTX 1300R

My love affair with the wind started when I was 14 years old. I rode my bud's KE 100 at a fair in Belleview Florida. Dropped it when I hit the front brake in stead of the clutch. Picked it up, got back on and have never looked back.
    Fast forward to present, I am 48 and have been riding, most recently, a 2007 VTX 1300R that I purchased new From Honda Of Houston. The VTX has been a flawless machine. Never will you find a complaint from me about that bike but, Shortly after I purchase it, I discovered the Valkyrie Interstate. I have been searching for a good buy on one ever since.
    So here I am at HOH one day and my friend Blair shows me the pictures of this new "hot rod GW". At that moment I am hooked. Then I learn that the F6B was actually supposed to be the new Valkyrie. Honda wants to sell this bike world wide but in certain countries, Valkyrie is not a nice word. (Hello Germany)
    Bottom line, VTX is being sold, paper work is all in for the F6B and I hope to pick it up in about a week.

looks like an 11 inch Baggershield on that Black Beauty?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Welcome.....I put on 800 miles yesterday...smiling all the way!!!
    did the bagger shield do the job?

Traded a 2010 ST1300 with 7200 miles on it for the Black F6B and love the new half-a-wing. Test rode this bike in Feb but tried hard to "like" the ST1300 through the spring months. How can Honda make such a great 1300cc motor and mate it up with a bike that is simply miserable to ride. It has a high speed weave that will slap you to the pavement, eats tires like cotton candy and has more wind noise than a tornado. Finally threw in the towel and took delivery of the Black unit. Upgraded the National Cycle windscreen but dropped it down 3 inches from its lowest stock position by cutting away the center positioning slot and drilling mounting holes using the stock F6B windscreen as a template. Now the visual is over the top of the windscreen but all the air, bugs and turbulence goes around me and over the helmet. Also has that all important air vent in the windscreen to let in cool air on those really hot days. 4100 miles later this machine is simply awesome. Needs some pipes and a chip but handling is rock solid and can be really quick in the twisty bits if you work at it.
    Great to see this site for F6B riders. Hope we can develop enough interest in some after market goodies.
    Mike Neal
    East Texas

Killed Deer

Totaled 2008 GL1800 20 June. Replacement Red/BLK standard F6B. Now you know why I am Deer Slayer. This was the second deer I have done in! Not a recommend way to get a new F6B..

Cool From Honda Rune to F6B

Hi Guys,

I have just bought my F6B in black. I am in Inverness Scotland and the F6B has just gone on sale here in the UK as of the 1st July. As far as I know we are only getting 35 bikes in the UK as Honda aren't sure if it will sell here. I still have my Honda Rune but it's up for sale. It's been a great bike and I've had it since 2005, but it's time for a change

I won't be getting my hands on the bike until until at least September as I have to have it converted to a trike, I am a disabled rider and full time wheelchair user. I look forward to reading all your thoughts on the new F6B and to sharing your hints and tips. All the very best to you all.

Paul B.......

new rune seat 004.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have just bought my F6B in black. I am in Inverness Scotland and the F6B has just gone on sale here in the UK as of the 1st July. As far as I know we are only getting 35 bikes in the UK as Honda aren't sure if it will sell here. I still have my Honda Rune but it's up for sale. It's been a great bike and I've had it since 2005, but it's time for a change

I won't be getting my hands on the bike until until at least September as I have to have it converted to a trike, I am a disabled rider and full time wheelchair user. I look forward to reading all your thoughts on the new F6B and to sharing your hints and tips. All the very best to you all.

Paul B.......

Attachment 1293
    :create.php: