Tapered Seat Bolt Set, Honda F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tapered Seat Bolt Set, Honda F6B

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Tell me what we did wrong then at my dealer trying to install the Mustang seat using these bolts purchased last summer..They were too short and would NOT allow seat rails to tighten..After screwing around for about 1/2 hour we used the stock bolts and the seat finally fit reasonably well...Still the rail on the right side sticks out from the seat a little, but I am living with it...Regards...Someone else on this board said that the after market bolts with not work with anything but the stock seat??Appreciate any advise on the best way to make these bolts work..Have they been up-dated since last year as I see your post says that will work on aftermarket seats and specifically the F6B??
    I use the stock bolts with no issues on my Corbin seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I use the stock bolts with no issues on my Corbin seat.
    I am happy for you but I do not like the looks or comfort of the Corbin seat!!....The newer bolts from Rick at Value Accessories has solved any fitment issues with the Mustang seat and I am a happy camper....Thanks and ride safe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    ....The newer bolts from Rick at Value Accessories has solved any fitment issues with the Mustang seat...!
    Attachment 10961

Really work much better. Thanks opas ride
    2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic
    2014 Honda F6D Deluxe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by luisjromero View Post
    Attachment 10961

Really work much better. Thanks opas ride

Very good. Just a little bit longer makes all the difference in the world once in a while. The taper helps also.

I had stated earlier in another post that getting the side panels off is about 10 times easier with the after market seat removed. The seat comes off now in about 2 minutes or less on my bike, then the side covers pop right off. They came off before with the Mustang Seat, but it was a slight struggle.