Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Coyote...I agree with you 100 % that this bike feels so much faster/quicker, etc. that the GL1800 Wing. Having owned 3 of the regular 1800 Wings, with over 300,000 miles on them collectively, I am used to the fell of them.

This F6B is much quicker...and faster...up to the linmit of 125 mph.

It is my opinion...and I have nothing technical to base this on for evidence...just my opinion...but:

Give that we now know that the F6B has a speed limit built into the ECM, and that the 2012 GL1800 Wing does NOT have thie same speed limt built into their ECM...I am wondering if the two different ECM's have other changes done to them, which makes the F6B a much quicker bike, other than just the weight loss.

I am searching the country to find a wrecked or totaled out 2012 or 2013 GL-1800 Wing, and see if they want to sell me their ECM. It should be plug n' play, and I want to see if it eliminates the speed limiting of the bike.

Miles, I beleive that the older Goldwings also have a limit (not 100% certain), the Honda Runes with the same GL1800 shuts off the spark to one of the cylinders once it reaches 133-134mph. I am also interested in seeing what you discover.