Left side Antenna

Thread: Left side Antenna

Left side Antenna

Has anyone given any thought to a rear fm antenna on the left side saddle bag. Just light the one on the right, just reversed. My OCD is kicking in every time I look at it .

And the purpose would be _________?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    And the purpose would be _________?
    symmetry

us with CDO( ocd spelled right, alphabetically) need to have balance. thus the reason folks make 2 into one pipes with a false side.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    symmetry us with CDO( ocd spelled right, alphabetically) need to have balance. thus the reason folks make 2 into one pipes with a false side.
    hmmmmm.. my OCD took me in the opposite direction.
    Instead of the need for a 2nd antenna to balance the existing right-side antenna, I removed my antenna to match the non-existing left-side antenna.
    Now it has balance.

And, now the top deck it's the only piece of black tupperware with nice paint and a clear coat.

Quote Originally Posted by tulku36 View Post
    Has anyone given any thought to a rear fm antenna on the left side saddle bag. Just light the one on the right, just reversed. My OCD is kicking in every time I look at it .
    Would be a good look

Looks to be about $70 in parts but it looks like the antenna and antenna stay will only mount on the right side
    http://www.procaliber.com/oemparts/a...bb0/audio-unit

Please post some pictures if anyone does this mod

I think it would look cool to have 2 antennas you could buy a T and maybe you would also get better reception.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I think it would look cool to have 2 antennas you could buy a T and maybe you would also get better reception.
    In the early 80's, some aftermarket head units would use 2 antennas (front and back) and switch between the 2 to get better reception when transitioning between blockages. The concept didn't seem to gain much traction here on the blue marble.

Attachment 15454

I put my ham radio antenna on the other side. It doesn't look exactly the same, but I now have dual antennas.

Don't they make pills or something for that.....my wife has the same affliction!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    The Dual Antenna's or the OCD??