Belly Pan...Is there a need?

Thread: Belly Pan...Is there a need?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sounds like a worthwhile investment. Nothing worse than a shot to the under-carriage. Except crashing in your own oil spill. Cheap insurance is the best insurance
    Fulfilling Your Passion Since 2001.
    http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/

Insurance and handling for so cheap?

I just installed the aluminum pan and can already see an improvement in side wind handling. Since I live in NorCal a little extra heat is hardly noticed but our roads are full of cast off junk that can ruin tires, oil pans and the rest of your day. This was $60 well spent and easy to install.

Since I live in NorCal a little extra heat is hardly noticed
    Where is that part of NorCal? The Redwood coast?

Me too

So today I clicked the "buy in now" button so I can be part of the black belly pan crowd. $57.04 delivered.

Angry What a difference it makes..

I ordered a black aluminum version from wingstuff.. the one I received had obviously been used before, so i called and they shipped me a new one and return shipping.. but

a couple of things:

1) installing this was a lot harder than it should have been. The unit I purchased had TOO much length on the smaller front piece. I had to push it way past the natural bend that should line up with the front plastic. To get the second screw set, it took a timing mirror and two people with a LOT of force before I could get the screw holes to line up. I am NOT looking forward to changing the oil. I may get some tin-snips or find a way to cut it more to length. I am not happy with the manufacturing of this unit

2) OMG.. did it seriously cut-down on side-wind impact. I don't understand why these aren't part of the stock, they make a huge difference.

just my $0.02