Belly Pan...Is there a need?

Thread: Belly Pan...Is there a need?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I installed the black anodized belly pan today. Mine definitely didn't just slide on like the instructions said. I had to use my trusty rubber mallet to get the slots to line up. Also had to remove the bolts all the way per the instructions so I could see the belly pan slots when they were in the correct position. My only concern now is that the 2 small screws that hold the front part on will come off while riding. Haven't heard any reports of that yet, but will add some blue loctite just in case.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Most of the time, the complaints revolving around the 2 screws is that they are impossible to remove, not that they fall out.

I'm trying a different approach; http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3...hlight=redneck

Belly Pan

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I installed the black anodized belly pan today. Mine definitely didn't just slide on like the instructions said. I had to use my trusty rubber mallet to get the slots to line up. Also had to remove the bolts all the way per the instructions so I could see the belly pan slots when they were in the correct position. My only concern now is that the 2 small screws that hold the front part on will come off while riding. Haven't heard any reports of that yet, but will add some blue loctite just in case.
    Mine did come partially off while riding, first good turn and was dragging. By the time I pulled over it was bent to hell. Good idea with the Loctite.

Rich