Belly Pan...Is there a need? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Belly Pan...Is there a need?

Cool

Here is the EML address to the gentleman who makes the heavy duty belly pans.... macgyver0856@sbcglobal.net he charges for shipping and to me in Orlando the total cost was $56 ... this guy makes these by hand and there is a delay in shipping...right now he is working on a list of 65 ...so must be a good product..... I was not going to buy one, but after seeing all the pic's of damage and the water bottle " right " there...why not ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Sounds like a worthwhile investment. Nothing worse than a shot to the under-carriage. Except crashing in your own oil spill. Cheap insurance is the best insurance
    Fulfilling Your Passion Since 2001.
    http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/

Insurance and handling for so cheap?

I just installed the aluminum pan and can already see an improvement in side wind handling. Since I live in NorCal a little extra heat is hardly noticed but our roads are full of cast off junk that can ruin tires, oil pans and the rest of your day. This was $60 well spent and easy to install.

Since I live in NorCal a little extra heat is hardly noticed
    Where is that part of NorCal? The Redwood coast?

Me too

So today I clicked the "buy in now" button so I can be part of the black belly pan crowd. $57.04 delivered.

Angry What a difference it makes..

I ordered a black aluminum version from wingstuff.. the one I received had obviously been used before, so i called and they shipped me a new one and return shipping.. but

a couple of things:

1) installing this was a lot harder than it should have been. The unit I purchased had TOO much length on the smaller front piece. I had to push it way past the natural bend that should line up with the front plastic. To get the second screw set, it took a timing mirror and two people with a LOT of force before I could get the screw holes to line up. I am NOT looking forward to changing the oil. I may get some tin-snips or find a way to cut it more to length. I am not happy with the manufacturing of this unit

2) OMG.. did it seriously cut-down on side-wind impact. I don't understand why these aren't part of the stock, they make a huge difference.

just my $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by BillyDaFinn View Post
    Yup, I just bought this one the other day, shipping delayed 5-7 days for some reason.......
    Just ordered mine from Cruiser Customizing, came out to $68.76 with standard shipping included, today's date: 10/27/2013, ships on 11/04/2013. Don't know why such a long delay between receiving the order and shipping, but there it is.

Cool

bump..........
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Is there a need, absolutely. Already have one partially crushed header and both exhaust shields are bent and buggered up. I wish I had put one on earlier but it is what it is.

We sell the very best in the world, the original belly pan from Tulsa Enterprises. 6061T aircraft quality aluminum. The strongest and lightest available. $54.96 (52.20 with 5% discount, click on home page Zombie) plus shipping. This pan also uses the dzus 1/4 turn nuts to release the nose of the pan. Easy and quick when changing oil.
    PBlair
    Phil@TexasCycleChrome.com
    2004 GL1800 White
    2012 H-D Ultra Classic Limited Black
    2013 F6B Black

Quote Originally Posted by pblair View Post
    Is there a need, absolutely. Already have one partially crushed header and both exhaust shields are bent and buggered up. I wish I had put one on earlier but it is what it is.

We sell the very best in the world, the original belly pan from Tulsa Enterprises. 6061T aircraft quality aluminum. The strongest and lightest available. $54.96 (52.20 with 5% discount, click on home page Zombie) plus shipping. This pan also uses the dzus 1/4 turn nuts to release the nose of the pan. Easy and quick when changing oil.

Phillip, I will echo that the best belly pan I have ever used was the ones fron Tulsa Enterprises. I likes their fit a lot better than the one I currently have. I bought this one because I liked the idea of the louvers cut into it, as they do provide a little extra cooling of the underside of the engine...allowing heat to escape. And, this one does work fine, and it too has the 1/4 turn dzus fasteners. But...If I ever have to replace this belly pan, I will buy another Tulsa Enterprises one again. I have had their belly pan on each of my last 3 GL-1800's and on both of my GL-1500's, and they do survive the road debris the best.