Belly Pan...Is there a need? - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Belly Pan...Is there a need?

I was trying to install my new belly pan today and was in the process of loosening the four acorn nuts on the lower engine cover. When I managed to shear two of the studs. Anyone have any idea how I fix these ?

I put one on mine to keep the plastic stuff from getting damaged.. Makes a nice sound when it drags the pavement which is more often than you would think.......Dickie

Jabbasan..... ooooopppppsssss !!!!! Drill and tap..... if any of the stud is exposed ...get a chisel and try to tap it back out of there..... if you don't have the taps...Its' Honda time.... I here a rumor you are not the first... ( not me )
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Makes a nice sound when it drags the pavement which is more often than you would think.......Dickie

Well, Dickie, you are finally right about "something". When your belly pan drags the pavement IS more often than I would think...because I do NOT drag my bike's belly pan on the pavement at all...ever. What are you doing down there...running over alligators ?

I installed the one in the pic and although not seeing the other brands this one is outstanding....this one so I am told is much thicker than the others on the market... I installed one side and then with the use of a 5' 1x4 pry ed up the other side into place... I feel this pan will with stand being used as a jack plate....3/4 of an inch shows..... and of course it is CHROME !!!!! the guy will paint it black also....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I'm still missing this dragging thing..... I have to REALLY try to drag a peg.... my rear shock is 4 clicks from full low.... when I practice dragging the pegs in circles, it is very difficult to get the bike over that far...in the mountains, I had barley 1/4 inch of chicken strip and almost never dragged a under carriage part...

There was some talk when the board was new that the rear shock may not be working ... or at least till broken in....well 8500 miles later no difference ???????

i dragged once on a entrance to parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbasan View Post
    I was trying to install my new belly pan today and was in the process of loosening the four acorn nuts on the lower engine cover. When I managed to shear two of the studs. Anyone have any idea how I fix these ?
    Oh No, if memory serves me correctly, those studs are spot welded to the headers

I just grabbed one of these from a Site Sponsor -
    If nothing else it will keep the under side clean. Should hit my door on the 26th.

Good price right now..

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/be...t/BBP-52-817BK

Happy Holiday,

Jim
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    I just grabbed one of these from a Site Sponsor -
    If nothing else it will keep the under side clean. Should hit my door on the 26th.

Good price right now..

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/be...t/BBP-52-817BK

Happy Holiday,

Jim
    Just ordered the same one from the same place, it said mine would ship on the 31st so not sure when mine will show up, I'll have to check my email for sure.