Belly Pan...Is there a need? - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Belly Pan...Is there a need?

bought the same

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    I just grabbed one of these from a Site Sponsor -
    If nothing else it will keep the under side clean. Should hit my door on the 26th.

Good price right now..

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/be...t/BBP-52-817BK

Happy Holiday,

Jim
    This is the one I bought also, it looks clean, and does the job, you'll be happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Well, Dickie, you are finally right about "something". When your belly pan drags the pavement IS more often than I would think...because I do NOT drag my bike's belly pan on the pavement at all...ever. What are you doing down there...running over alligators ?
    I have the show chrome black f6b pan...Shock is set at about 50%.Draging the pan happens whitout tring to ride hard. It hits on the outside rear corners. When looking at the mounting clearance it is maybe 1/4" from touching the overflow tamk so I'm thinking it is all the way up where it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    I have the show chrome black f6b pan...Shock is set at about 50%.Draging the pan happens whitout tring to ride hard. It hits on the outside rear corners. When looking at the mounting clearance it is maybe 1/4" from touching the overflow tamk so I'm thinking it is all the way up where it should be.
    I have done same thing. Most times with a dip in the curve. (other than me) One more thing the right side header pipe burns a brown spot on the pan!
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Photo of burned belly pan. Zoom in and check it out. tmp_399155-284175922.jpg
    Deer Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Photo of burned belly pan. Zoom in and check it out.
    I hear...that only happens on the Red bikes, when the rider is wearing a Red jacket, and a Red helmet.

Hmmm........

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    I hear...that only happens on the Red bikes, when the rider is wearing a Red jacket, and a Red helmet.

Hmmm........
    Yup, just the hot fast red ones. I hope you are recovering well. Looking forward to Florida next month.
    Deer Slayer

A belly pan is the FIRST accessory I install on my new bikes. I have seen engines destroyed by rocks and debris that crack the crankcase, or break off the oil filter. These cannot be repaired and are NOT covered under warranty.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiseman View Post
    A belly pan is the FIRST accessory I install on my new bikes. I have seen engines destroyed by rocks and debris that crack the crankcase, or break off the oil filter. These cannot be repaired and are NOT covered under warranty.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Just ordered the black show chrome version. For me it's all about avoiding a ruined ride. I don't have tons of free time to ride so avoiding being stuck on the road is worth $60 and 20 minutes of my time.

So just went to put mine on and the front acorn nut on the right side turns and turns and never gets closer to coming off. I'm guessing either the threads on the nut or bolt are stripped. Any ideas?