Belly Pan...Is there a need? - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Belly Pan...Is there a need?

the stud is tack welded to the exhaust headers. I'm sure that the weld has broken and the stud is spinning. It may be possible to get a grip on it from the back side and take the nut off.

11,000 miles later the belly pan has stopped a bunch of stuff

I just changed my oil and I removed the belly pan. The paint was worn, the front was slightly bent, I found a couple rocks inside, and I had some scrapes along the outside edges from leaning hard two up. I guess what I'm saying is I'm glad I installed this early on. Just the piece of mind that I have some protection down there is worth the price of admission. I have found myself on dirt roads or detours and that plastic reservoir or the oil filter getting damaged never entered my mind.

Belly Pan

Freshly installed. Time 12 minutes.

Attachment 6888
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Here is the EML address to the gentleman who makes the heavy duty belly pans.... macgyver0856@sbcglobal.net he charges for shipping and to me in Orlando the total cost was $56 ... this guy makes these by hand and there is a delay in shipping...right now he is working on a list of 65 ...so must be a good product..... I was not going to buy one, but after seeing all the pic's of damage and the water bottle " right " there...why not ?

I received a PM on this belly pan and here is a pic and the eml address to order one...they were on Wing Stuff....I'll look in a min and post if they are. As belly pans go..this is a nice one and very thick....I use it to lift the F6 off the ground with my lift...perfect. For those who do not care for the chrome...the maker will paint your black!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I installed the black anodized belly pan today. Mine definitely didn't just slide on like the instructions said. I had to use my trusty rubber mallet to get the slots to line up. Also had to remove the bolts all the way per the instructions so I could see the belly pan slots when they were in the correct position. My only concern now is that the 2 small screws that hold the front part on will come off while riding. Haven't heard any reports of that yet, but will add some blue loctite just in case.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Most of the time, the complaints revolving around the 2 screws is that they are impossible to remove, not that they fall out.

I'm trying a different approach; http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3...hlight=redneck

Belly Pan

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I installed the black anodized belly pan today. Mine definitely didn't just slide on like the instructions said. I had to use my trusty rubber mallet to get the slots to line up. Also had to remove the bolts all the way per the instructions so I could see the belly pan slots when they were in the correct position. My only concern now is that the 2 small screws that hold the front part on will come off while riding. Haven't heard any reports of that yet, but will add some blue loctite just in case.
    Mine did come partially off while riding, first good turn and was dragging. By the time I pulled over it was bent to hell. Good idea with the Loctite.

Rich

Belly pan

I bought the stainless steel, teflon coated, vented one. I really like this one with the snap connectors (aircraft rated) to allow the removal of the front of the pan easily to change the oil. The vents allow airflow under the bike, and in South Texas, that is a plus.