Belly Pan...Is there a need? - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Belly Pan...Is there a need?

I boought the black belly pan about 1.5 years ago, and the bolts fell off after 3rd and 4th oil change. I suppose I should see this as a throw-away product, but it is in good shape other than the fact that the area needing protecting most is now exposed! time to get a different product. I purchased the BB52817BK from show chrome. are they out of business now?

The instructions on my belly pan said to use thread lock on the the screws that attach the pan. That should keep them from rattling loose. As many times as I have scraped the pan, I wouldn't want to do without it.
    The most important things in life aren't things.
    Fall down seven times, get up eight.

Quote Originally Posted by okiedoc View Post
    The instructions on my belly pan said to use thread lock on the the screws that attach the pan. That should keep them from rattling loose. As many times as I have scraped the pan, I wouldn't want to do without it.
    That isn't the problem. (My title was wrong BTW.) The larger sheet that attaches towards the back of the bike has two holes to insert the screws. The Bolts are welded to the aluminum sheets. After several tightening and losening the screw from the nut, the nut detaches from the aluminum sheet, rendering the forward piece unusable.

I don't know how to repair, so instead I am going to get the belly pan that has the aircraft fasteners.

Clip Nuts

Just buy 2 clip nuts and Home Depot and keep using the same belly pan.