Belly Pan...Is there a need? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Belly Pan...Is there a need?

Quote Originally Posted by micky_foccer View Post
    Where's the best (cheap price) place to buy the belly pan? Link anyone?
    Got my Show Chrome black anodized belly pan at Wing Stuff for $54.99. Fit and finish were great. There is another black pan on the site for about $77 that reviewers complain about regarding the fit where the front and back pan meet. No such problem with the Show Chrome. Not shown well in the picture of the Show Chrome are the vent holes that run the length of the pan. They provide some venting, for whatever that's worth, and look good. Free shippiing.

A friend of mine learned the hard way on his new 2012 GW about the damage that can be done if you drop off a curb on a wing with no belly pan. He didn't realize the drop off was there and bottomed out hard. I forget exactly what he cracked under the bike but he basically dumped all the oil right there.
    Belly pans are cheap insurance on low sitting bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    Got my Show Chrome black anodized belly pan at Wing Stuff for $54.99. Fit and finish were great. There is another black pan on the site for about $77 that reviewers complain about regarding the fit where the front and back pan meet. No such problem with the Show Chrome. Not shown well in the picture of the Show Chrome are the vent holes that run the length of the pan. They provide some venting, for whatever that's worth, and look good. Free shippiing.
    I got the same one and it does fit great and looks good on the bike.My buddy took a rock and punched a small hole in his oil filter on his 2012 Goldwing.There is no way for that to happen with a bellypan.I have no temp problems with it on and I have ridden in 106 degrees this week.Plus it seems to have helped when riding in high winds which we get a lot up here in the high desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    You talked me into it, I just bought the same one. Better to be safe than sorry.....

I never considered this but now I might.

For the very same reason you would wear a cup is the reason I bought one. You need to protect your junk!

Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by MNF6B View Post
    For the very same reason you would wear a cup is the reason I bought one. You need to protect your junk!

Just sayin.

WAIT WAIT slow down. I need to wear a cup now to ride this motorcycle

Thanks for the link texas tc.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Yup, I just bought this one the other day, shipping delayed 5-7 days for some reason.......