Dirt between shield and fairing..... :(

Thread: Dirt between shield and fairing..... :(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I also have the Cee Bailey 15" windshield

The only related issue I've noticed is that after riding in the rain, there is a small amount of water that traps in the same place you describe. I might try the gasket Miles mentioned. I also thought that a very thin bead of clear caulking or weatherstrip could work as well.

So far, I've only seen a very small amount in a very small area. There's just enough that you can barely change the shape of the wet area by pressing on the base of the windshield. I hadn't given it much thought, but now that you mention it, I assume dirt/grime could collect there as well.

Same problem

Had the same problem (dust & dirt) with a Cee Baileys shield. Is it not noticeable with stock shield because its so dark or do the aftermarket shields not seal as well to the dash??

A gasket or a better gasket is a good idea and I will look into that for sure... thanks guys for the reply's

have a great safe 4th of July, hope you have time to get out and ride...

Dean

Same thing here with my 13” Cee Bailey; It does not fit as well as OEM. On mine the grit has scuffed and scratched both windshield and plastic piece in the specified area. I have accepted it and moved on.
    Still Wingman after the site crash!