WTF are wrong with people today - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTF are wrong with people today

Years ago I built custom bikes as a side line income. I had completed a very extensive 2 year build and a friend and I rode our custom bikes to the local hangout for show and tell. We parked, went in and got our drinks going out into the corral where we were a few feet from the parked bikes. A guy was sitting side saddle on my just completed custom using my still hot handmade exhaust system as a footrest. I nearly had a stroke. My buddy, who was an ex marine and a prison guard, vaulted the fence picked the guy off my bike and hurled him 10 feet into the middle of the street. The guy got up and saw us both coming and ran for his life. He got away down a river bank. The exhaust had to be stripped, polished and rechromed. Now I prominently display a well worn 45 auto holster on the bike. Have gun will travel.

Take a Harley next time and you will eliminate that problem...lol

I've parked my bike numerous times in crowded outdoor locations inundated with walkers and gawkers.
    Every time I come back to the bike, there's people around it looking and commenting to each other. Not once has anyone touched it, let alone try to sit on it.
    I think a black shiny F6B, with a black shiny half helmet hanging from the bars, with that nasty looking Baggershield deep tint windscreen, is a little too intimidating for someone to touch.
    My logic is that they think there is a badass rider nearby who owns that badass looking bike.
    That being said, I never have nor likely never will park it at a Walmart.

No question a bad as owns my F6B..j/k, sorta.
    I did have a neat experience with a family standing around my bike in a lot. I walked up and said hello. They all immediately began to apologize for gaucking and seemingly getting into my bike space. I almost let myself tilt, but they seemed like nice people. What I learned then was the 5 year old boy was nuts for motorcycles and he was the reason they were looking at the bike. I also found out he had a terminal form of Lukemia and was in God's hands. The mother of this boy asked if it was OK if I'd show him the bike, take some pictures with him on and around the bike.
    I said yes, of course, and you can only imagine how this little guy beamed, hanging onto the bars and getting all that attention... I offered to give him a ride but the family insisted they'd taken too much of my time.
    I think I shed a tear, but felt honored to give that little ladd a few moments of joy.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

It's impressive - my Brother ! I would do the same . Great example of being decent man . We should love you for that !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
    That is the main reason I have an alarm system with proximity sensor on all my bikes. If anyone get within touching distance it gives 3 loud chirps.... If they don't back off, then a series of fast chirps followed by the alarm (and a message to my pager).

The system works great and keeps people back from our bikes.
    NAVVET, Which alarm system do you have?

Just get a sign to put on the bike saying "Currently being treated for Ebola"

Quote Originally Posted by Amipro View Post
    NAVVET, Which alarm system do you have?
    It was a real tossup for me between the Gorilla and the Scorpio system (http://ridescorpio.com/)but I went with then Scorpio because of the RFID and the perimeter sensors.

Very happy with the product and the customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    No question a bad as owns my F6B..j/k, sorta.
    I did have a neat experience with a family standing around my bike in a lot. I walked up and said hello. They all immediately began to apologize for gaucking and seemingly getting into my bike space. I almost let myself tilt, but they seemed like nice people. What I learned then was the 5 year old boy was nuts for motorcycles and he was the reason they were looking at the bike. I also found out he had a terminal form of Lukemia and was in God's hands. The mother of this boy asked if it was OK if I'd show him the bike, take some pictures with him on and around the bike.
    I said yes, of course, and you can only imagine how this little guy beamed, hanging onto the bars and getting all that attention... I offered to give him a ride but the family insisted they'd taken too much of my time.
    I think I shed a tear, but felt honored to give that little ladd a few moments of joy.
    J
    Bravo !