Rally Members Check In When Home, Please! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rally Members Check In When Home, Please!

Metric IronButt, Eh.

Rode 1317 kilometers in a single day. That's over 800 miles in American. A personal record.
    Had a great time and met a lot of great people, whom I look forward to meeting again next year.
    Colorado??? Isn't that near Hawaii? (If it must be.) Special thanks to 53 Driver Steve for making it all
    possible and his special concern for the novice riders among us.
    I'm not sure if this is the proper thread to share this with you all, but I find it most inspiring every
    time I read it. It was originally played as a PBS ad segment with the Dances With Wolves Theme
    song playing in the back ground. Circa 1995. You can sometimes find it on utube. No title, no author.
    I wish I knew whom to give credit for this masterpiece. You'd have to have a heart
    of stone not to be moved by these words.
    I think an appropriate title could be, Ode to America.

Welcome to a place, that is always just beginning,
    that rouses itself from day to day and year to year,
    to admire what it's made, starting with nothing,
    then rushes to invent itself, all over again.
    Ordinary people, doing extraordinary things.
    Knowing what goes on, goes on to shape tomorrow.
    Welcome to land, that is never what you think it is
    and will never stay that way for long.
    There are a million stories; in the streets of the cities
    we never finish building and in the rows of the fields
    we never finish cultivating.
    We intend to tell them all.

I love to give credit where where credit is due. If anyone could educate me as to the author of these
    words I would greatly appreciate it. For all we know, it could be a staff writer at some PBS station.

Yea, yea, that's right, I'm Canadian! What's your point!
    Thanks to us, this rally is truly an international event.
    What do you think of that,... EH!

Everyone, please ride safe.
    Cheers to all!
    09 Red Vulcan 500 (sold)
    11 Black Vulcan 900 (sold)
    13 Black F6b (they'll never be another)

Great Group

Home safe. What to say that hasn't been said, Steve and Rick thanks for what you guys do, to the members, nice seeing old friends and nice meeting new ones. I for one looks forward to this trip each year, see who did what to their ride, and to swap stories and jokes. If we had a trophy for the best story CHUNKY LOVE would have had more to pack.
    Thanks to all

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Sweet Georgia and I are home. The GSMNP was INSANE. But it was worth the insanity to get to hang out with the cool F6Bers. I sure hope everyone had a great trip home.

So many fun and interesting people in this crew. I look forward to seeing y'all again.

Big thanks to 53 for putting this together. I hope you got paid BIG BUCKS.

Thanks for the American flag bandana! It came in very handy while breaking in my new helmet on the long ride home.
    No hair to act as a cushion, I don't expect you to understand. Anyways I didn't get a chance to thank you,
    I didn't know who you were. I can't put my finger on it, but you some how look different in your avatar.
    Thanks again Ms. GaTeach.
    09 Red Vulcan 500 (sold)
    11 Black Vulcan 900 (sold)
    13 Black F6b (they'll never be another)

We got home around 7:30. We enjoyed everyone's company and the rides. Looking forward to the next one. Thanks for everything 53. Thanks for leading us on some great rides Rick.

Personal best.

Yep... I got home about 10:30 AZ time. If you're keepin track, that's 735 miles yesterday...
    1155 miles today... 1890 total.

I hope everyone else got/gets home safe n sound... I'd like to see you all again next year!
    Jimmytee, Miss Patty, Teach, Wycked, Chunky, WillieF6B, Slowpoke, Willtil, Steve0080... it was really nice to see you all again, and everyone I haven't named, also. Y'all are a great group to ride and hang out with. The best!

Thank you, Steve, for facilitating again this year. Well done!
    Rick and Jason, thanks for bringing the store w you. Nice!

Be safe, everyone!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by FF-Ed View Post
    made it home around 15:30

A nice ride up I75 at 80-90mph

Got home and ditched the helmet...

Thanks Steve for a great rally!
    I just want to know if you talk to *yourself* when you're riding your bike??????

Glad y'all made it home safely. It was great hanging out with you and Jake. Stay away from nuts.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by masonmike View Post
    Thanks for the American flag bandana! It came in very handy while breaking in my new helmet on the long ride home.
    No hair to act as a cushion, I don't expect you to understand. Anyways I didn't get a chance to thank you,
    I didn't know who you were. I can't put my finger on it, but you some how look different in your avatar.
    Thanks again Ms. GaTeach.
    I look mean in that picture. I'm much nicer in person.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    Home safe. What to say that hasn't been said, Steve and Rick thanks for what you guys do, to the members, nice seeing old friends and nice meeting new ones. I for one looks forward to this trip each year, see who did what to their ride, and to swap stories and jokes. If we had a trophy for the best story CHUNKY LOVE would have had more to pack.
    Thanks to all
    It was so cool to get to see you and Jim and hang out with y'all again. I look forward to getting up there to the Great White North and riding with y'all again.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    Yep... I got home about 10:30 AZ time. If you're keepin track, that's 735 miles yesterday...
    1155 miles today... 1890 total.

I hope you can get a nap in before you got to get to work! So good to see you, Dave. Thanks for making the trip. That's no small feat.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by glide one View Post
    Thanks to everyone for a great rally.
    Made it home by 5:00pm to a cool 90 degrees.
    You've got to love the south.
    Roll Tide