From FRANCE …. another video - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From FRANCE …. another video

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    Dickie needs to tell them French they sell them for a LOT less elsewhere, that's a ridiculous price and none of us would stand for it!!

You gotta love the ribbing that goes on this forum, Austin-Tech that there was funny

Dickie, don't hurt em'

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Clever...

In Switzerland, you can have a licence plate for your motorcycle only with proof of insurance. (Licence plate delivered only with proof from your insurance company) So they came up with a great arrangement: as you can only ride one bike at the time, you can have two motorcycle and the bigger one covers the smaller one. I lived in Geneva for a few years so I had a 250cc scooter and the GW1500. Just one licence plate with a clip-on system... So when just riding to work, cliped the plate to the scooter, and when going for nice long rides, on to the GW. Saving some money too.

Car enthusiast could do the same (max two cars).

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

$23,990 Euros .

If you apply today's exchange rate (7-4-13) the cost in USA Dollars = $30,900

That's a lot of french baguettes , WOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F_NYDC3mwU
    At least they get ABS.. The Hi Cost pays for all the good French Government "free" stuff.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

The base price only gets you started in some of Europe. There is often huge luxury or use taxes added to the cost of the bike, which translates often to transportation costing 2X what we pay in the US!

We are very spoiled here.

But they get ALLOT more paid vacation

At least the electronics on the Honda will work not like any of the French made vehicles I've had experiences with in the past!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JBnAZ View Post
    The base price only gets you started in some of Europe. There is often huge luxury or use taxes added to the cost of the bike, which translates often to transportation costing 2X what we pay in the US!

We are very spoiled here.

But they get ALLOT more paid vacation
    We pay all 2X than you here in France... : cars, taxe, VAT, housing, food, services, etc...
    And for the guys living Paris or near Paris like me, housing is 10X ! More than 10.000 EUR this year for 1 m2 ( = 11 square feet) !

But I don't pay the school for my daughter and most health services are paid by my insurance....

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Bagger View Post
    At least the electronics on the Honda will work not like any of the French made vehicles I've had experiences with in the past!
    Witch Renault did you own ?
    I never owned any french car... Only Honda and Wolkswagen
    And one day I will sell car+bike to by a Mustang Shelby GT500.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Screen shots of left hand grip and panel. Is that for XM? PTY, U and M buttons?

Attachment 998Attachment 999
    Nope its the European RDS system it allows auto tuning to a selected station on different frequencies spaced across an area as one signal becomes weak it auto tunes the same broadcaster on a different stronger frequency

You search via station type using the PTY button such as ROCK/POP/CLASSICAL/NEWS/TRAFFIC type of thing

The U is what we call FM and the M is medium wave or what we would call AM older radios used to have L for Long Wave but thats not really used since FM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Data_System
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake