Heated Gear Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heated Gear Question

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Years back when I first had heated gear I also had multiple bikes I had a velcro strip on my coldweather riding pants that I would stick the controller on. That way only one wire to unplug when getting off the bike.
    BUT more recent, for my Valk and the F6B I spent the money and wired in the permanent Controller and plug.
    Where did you get the parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Where did you get the parts?

For info you can see it here at Gerbing but can purchase at most aftermarket companies.

http://gerbing.com/collection/temp-c...nent-dual.html

The Gas Cap cover is $25 from my local dealer and easy to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    For info you can see it here at Gerbing but can purchase at most aftermarket companies.

http://gerbing.com/collection/temp-c...nent-dual.html

The Gas Cap cover is $25 from my local dealer and easy to replace.
    I wish my wife had known, heck I don't know that I knew either. It's hard to complain, when I think she pretty much hit it out of the park on a surprise Christmas present. I'll deal with mine for now, but definitely think that will be in my future. Thanks for the link. I think, for now, I can just put mine in one of the pockets of the Kury glove compartment cup holder thingy I have.

Right now I've got my Gerbing running off the battery and exiting the left side panel cut out, which is where the battery tender is connected also. Only latter did I find I could have gotten one after market connector that would have done both, heating and battery charging. Eventually I'll put in a heat controller, I wanted to use the two lower knockouts on the left switch panel, since I like to control the temp. with my clutch hand. Down the road I want something lighter weight than the old ballon style jacket that Gerbing used to make, for now it works great, I was riding around 47f today it was nice to have.
    ss^,
    Ken

2kewlgypsy
    JimmyTee - you can do that with the first gear products - at least the controller can go on the right blank pannel, the plug looks different, but check first gear's website, I think they have a "mountable" controller. I am real happy with my jacket and gloves.
    Much respect,
    2~kewl