Crooked handlebars?

Thread: Crooked handlebars?

Crooked handlebars?

Dumb question. Does anyone else feel like their handlebars are crooked? Going in a straight line, it feels like my left hand is out farther than the right hand. From what I can tell, the GW handlebars are fixed and can't adjust. Every visual indication is that the handlebars are perfectly straight, but every time I get on the bike it feels bent. I may or may not have felt this way on other bikes but I could always adjust them to feel right. Is this common and should I just get used to it? Maybe my arms are different lengths? This is my first GW so please go easy on me.

It's a dead short between the riders seat and the handlebars!
    Let it be known and let it be written, this is the best bike I've ever owned, and I ain't shittin!

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKBETTY12 View Post
    It's a dead short between the riders seat and the handlebars!

Have someone follow you from about 30-40 feet behind you, have them look at your wheels from behind, it is possible that you are dog tracking and your alignment may be off ? If so you are compensating with your steering more to one side. Didn't you hit a LARGE pot hole recently that almost rattled your teeth loose ????? If so it may have thrown your alignment off.

Another possibility …..

Some people don't realize it but they may have one arm longer than the other, some have one leg longer than the other, some have one foot longer that the other….. just sayin

Food for thought

It was like this from the dealer. It's probably me I just had to ask.

Well for starters you DO have one arm longer than the other, and one ear larger and lower, hands, feet, etc.... ALL humans do.

HOWEVER, my guess is you are not sitting on the bike square, aka you are sitting to one side or the other of the seat. I see LOTS of guys riding in this position as it not at all unusual.

bars

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    It was like this from the dealer. It's probably me I just had to ask.
    your need to measure you bars, to the ground with the bike level, and the bars strait ahead. i have seen bars bent down and back if the dealer or assembly company has tryed to tie the bike down off the handlebars. never tie from the bars on a gl1800, only from the lower triple clamp. dale

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom6B View Post
    Some people don't realize it but they may have one arm longer than the other, some have one leg longer than the other, some have one foot longer that the other…..
    Yep, my third leg is shorter than the other two....
    "Ride Shiny Side Up"

mine isn't