Lock N Load tie down system

Thread: Lock N Load tie down system

Lock N Load tie down system

I am looking at getting a trailer and pondering the tie down system. Have any of you used the Lock N Load system? The video looks like this works pretty well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9szax4vSyM

these work well just be cautious of the rear flip up for the front tire that it doesn't hit the bottom of your fender.

Looks like a nice system to me.

Fender avoidance

Quote Originally Posted by 2bikemike View Post
    these work well just be cautious of the rear flip up for the front tire that it doesn't hit the bottom of your fender.
    How does one do that? Have you used this with a 6?

I've used Condor chocks (similar) to these chocks for aprox 10yrs. Don't trailer much but they have worked perfectly. I've never used the self tightening straps, just real good ratchet straps. I also have e trac on my trailer, which gives you many options for tie down points. This Lock n Load like a nice system, depending on price.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

Price

Quote Originally Posted by FlaMike View Post
    I've used Condor chocks (similar) to these chocks for aprox 10yrs. Don't trailer much but they have worked perfectly. I've never used the self tightening straps, just real good ratchet straps. I also have e trac on my trailer, which gives you many options for tie down points. This Lock n Load like a nice system, depending on price.
    I think the whole set up is about $290 or so.

Many of us have wheel chocks; however I wonder if there is good reason to also use a pair of the "self-adjusting" ratchet straps they sell. Looks like $74 for a pair. Is the strain caused by compressing the bike shocks when using regular tie down straps enough of a worry to make the self-adjusting straps worthwhile? I suspect the answer may be yes...

Quote Originally Posted by FlaMike View Post
    +1 on the Condor chock.Ride into it and the bike is ready to tie down.I just use good ratchet straps at four points and it isn't going anywhere.Also the Condor can be removed which is nice if you use the trailer for other things which I do.

I also had the Condor chock for years... the important part here is to keep the bike from going backwards... the only thing original in the video is the straps in the back...the rest is old, implemented by Condor...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com