installed mustang seat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: installed mustang seat

installed mustang seat

I just installed my mustang seat, and you are right getting
    bolts in could be a pain. I just used a few screw drivers through the seat
    to keep the bolt holes lined up and it went in .
    The other things I found to be true is the catch at the front should be a bit lower
    to allow it to catch the bar at the front. It all so is a bit of a pain to line up the release for
    the bags.
    But if you take your time it can be done.
    I will add I had just taken my meds so it seemed easier than normal!
    shortleg

Installing mine the first time was a royal pain. The rear of the seat is just too wide for the hand rails.

But, after being on for months, the seat foam has conformed and the seat comes off and goes back on real easily now (with the stock bolts). Yea!!
    Albuquerque, NM

I am hopeful that I have the same results. My seat has been on now for about 3,000 miles and was a royal "PITA" to install the first time. I do have the newer style long bolts now and plan to install them when the weather gets warmer...RickW at Value Accessories says the up-dated bolts work great....I sure hope so!!!

Having put an Ultimate on my F6B & now just installed the Mustang on the wife's B I found a little tip.
    When you have the seat off, chase the threads on the seat mounts. They seem to be a bit tight from the factory. Also dab some anti-seize on the bolt threads.
    Makes reassembly a bit easier.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Welcome to the club...
    2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic
    2014 Honda F6D Deluxe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Use the new tapered seat bolts! I bought the new style bolts and Mustang seat a couple of weeks ago, install took about 10 minutes total. Bolts went in and lined up quite well first time around. This was the first time to remove the oem seat so everything was still tight but with the new tapered bolts the install was absolutely no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead22 View Post
    Use the new tapered seat bolts! I bought the new style bolts and Mustang seat a couple of weeks ago, install took about 10 minutes total. Bolts went in and lined up quite well first time around. This was the first time to remove the oem seat so everything was still tight but with the new tapered bolts the install was absolutely no problem.
    Good to hear the seat went on alright...Looking to change bolts from stock to the newer tapered ones soon as the weather gets above freezing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Good to hear the seat went on alright...Looking to change bolts from stock to the newer tapered ones soon as the weather gets above freezing!!!!
    I am confident you will be pleased with the new bolts. I had read repeatedly about the nightmare that folks were have doing the install, so figured it was worth giving the tapered bolts a shot. Plan on keeping the six for as long as i can run her so thought the bolt purchase was a no-brainer as i don't need the aggravation every time i pull the seat. Ride safe my friends!

I bought the tapered bolts for my F6B when I put the Ultimate Seat on my bike. Even with the tapered bolts I still had a time with one of the holes. Seems that either the threads are a bit tight or there may be some frame paint or coating in the threads. On the wife's F6B I did not use the tapered bolts, chasing the threads & using a round phillips screwdriver to line up the bolts worked out real well for me.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead22 View Post
    I am confident you will be pleased with the new bolts. I had read repeatedly about the nightmare that folks were have doing the install, so figured it was worth giving the tapered bolts a shot. Plan on keeping the six for as long as i can run her so thought the bolt purchase was a no-brainer as i don't need the aggravation every time i pull the seat. Ride safe my friends!
    Several of us have posted about dabbing "never seize" on the stock bolts the first time they were taken out and reinstalled. I have never had an issue with aligning the stock bolts and starting them. I use it on all my bolts, including the luggage rack.