Installed Rush Big Louie Pipes

Thread: Installed Rush Big Louie Pipes

Installed Rush Big Louie Pipes

4", 2.5" baffles just this morning. I think the drone is just going to be too much. I drove around for half an hour, and at all speeds the drone is very present.

I also have a Harley Ultra Limited. The way I've always compared riding the two bikes is on the Harley, 60-70% of your attention is on the bike itself. How it sounds, is it powerful enough, what else would I like to do with it, etc. One of the things I love about the F6B is all of my attention is just on the ride. No noise, nothing else needed, just smooth, powerful reliability, it's effortless to ride it. You just get on it and go. I'm afraid with these pipes I've taken some of that away. All I was focused on was the noise...can I live with it, is it too loud, would a smaller baffle work, would different pipes be better, should I cut out the cat, yada yada yada.

Within ten minutes I decided I would go back to stock. I will say as I rode it around, I guess I got used to it a little bit, as it didn't seem to bother me as much, but I just don't want to be focused on the noise and trying to decide what I want to do the entire time I'm riding. I just want to ride it and enjoy it. I think I'll give it a week or so, but more than likely I'll have some nearly new pipes for sale very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    4", 2.5" baffles just this morning. I think the drone is just going to be too much. I drove around for half an hour, and at all speeds the drone is very present.

I also have a Harley Ultra Limited. The way I've always compared riding the two bikes is on the Harley, 60-70% of your attention is on the bike itself. How it sounds, is it powerful enough, what else would I like to do with it, etc. One of the things I love about the F6B is all of my attention is just on the ride. No noise, nothing else needed, just smooth, powerful reliability, it's effortless to ride it. You just get on it and go. I'm afraid with these pipes I've taken some of that away. All I was focused on was the noise...can I live with it, is it too loud, would a smaller baffle work, would different pipes be better, should I cut out the cat, yada yada yada.

Within ten minutes I decided I would go back to stock. I will say as I rode it around, I guess I got used to it a little bit, as it didn't seem to bother me as much, but I just don't want to be focused on the noise and trying to decide what I want to do the entire time I'm riding. I just want to ride it and enjoy it. I think I'll give it a week or so, but more than likely I'll have some nearly new pipes for sale very soon.
    That is the main reason our bikes are different than Harleys
    I have gone through the loud pipe thing and am donewith it.
    Now at 70 it is about the ride and being ableto ride.

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post

Good call IMHO...The Cobra's on my bike are just right and work fine for me...Excessive noise from obnoxious Harley pipes do not make the bike go faster or improve the ride...I rode behind a HD yesterday on the freeway for a while, and the noise about drove me nuts as we motored along..Finally I decided to pass him and as he saw me coming he "hit the throttle", what a joke!!!..Lots of noise but not much "ommph"...As I flew by him he looked up in dismay and dropped way off the pace so he could enjoy his HD noise maker.....Ride safe

ST......

Just a suggestion. Is it the drone or the NOISE? When I put the Torq Loopz and TBR's on last month, no drone and you can see right through the TBR's from front to back. It might be a solution to get some Torq Loopz and put them on with the Rush pipes. At least with the Loopz, any drone with aftermarket pipes would probably be gone for good and you can use the cats as paper weights in your study. You mentioned Harley in your post but I'm assuming that the Rush pipes are on the "B".

If it's drone, Torq Loopz will cure it, guaranteed. Well worth it!

Mike