installed mustang seat - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: installed mustang seat

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Several of us have posted about dabbing "never seize" on the stock bolts the first time they were taken out and reinstalled. I have never had an issue with aligning the stock bolts and starting them. I use it on all my bolts, including the luggage rack.
    on the anti=seize. I use it on anything that looks like it will be a later issue as well, including the new tapered bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by powercruzer13 View Post
    Having put an Ultimate on my F6B & now just installed the Mustang on the wife's B I found a little tip.
    When you have the seat off, chase the threads on the seat mounts. They seem to be a bit tight from the factory. Also dab some anti-seize on the bolt threads.
    Makes reassembly a bit easier.
    Would this be the "Tip" you are referring to?

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3...on-Improvement

Used the stock bolts with anti seize and tapped the bosses like mentioned. Using screwdrivers or wooden dowel to line up the holes makes it a breeze.
    2013 F6B in black of course

The first install is the most difficult. After riding and getting the seat broke in, subsequent installs are effortless even with stock bolts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    The first install is the most difficult. After riding and getting the seat broke in, subsequent installs are effortless even with stock bolts.
    Good to hear!
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

happy wife...happy life?

her highness has noticed that since we installed the mustang seat, the side grips if you call them that rub on the back of her legs more than with the stock seat. anyone else have this happen? we're thinking of either sewn=in pads on the back of her pants or ..maybe getting an upholsterer to make something to go over them???

Should of had a drink first!

Well I got my Mustang Deluxe seat in yesterday, was sure it was going to be a simple 30 minute seat swap (I've owned many bikes and swapped many seats over the years) and then out for a ride to enjoy the spoils.....................NOPE!
    Backrest/rear rack off; check, seat removed; check, slide Mustang seat into place; check, install left side grab rail; well after about an hour, using screw drivers to align and anti-seize on the bolts to help lubricate (i.e. not strip) I FINALLY got the left side on, checked bag release, all is good. On to the other side, I was able to get the front bolt started...........BUT for the life of me I could not get the rear bolt to align & grab the bag release knob! Seat pan just seems too wide at bag release knob.
    After MUCH I decided it was time to quite for the night. I'll take my meds today before I go for round two............at least while researching the seat install here I know I'm not alone. I just hope I have the same experience, after I get some miles on the seat, with the ease of removal/re-install.

When I first installed my Mustang with tapered bolts. Things didn't feel right, so I started over by cleaning the threads out with a tap. The bolts went in without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Good to hear the seat went on alright...Looking to change bolts from stock to the newer tapered ones soon as the weather gets above freezing!!!!
    I just did mine, but I cheated, I replaced on at a time, no issues that way.