Why an How Come.. - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why an How Come..

Still reckon that if Honda had a F6B T-Shirt collecting crowd The previous Harley Davidson owners would stay????????

I have considered getting rid of my f6. But unfortunately when you pay close to retail less than a year ago and the damn thing isn't worth shit on trade it kinda makes ya pissed off. First let me say that I love this bike but it has dropped in value so fast that I'm forced to keep it. I'm not loyal to any one brand. I could care less what the make is. But I will say I could handle loosing 3grand unloading my harley after a year of ownership. But this bike is literally worth almost 10 grand less on trade vs what I paid for it. it all comes down to sales. This bike isn't selling. No matter how ya look at it dealers are having a hard time getting rid of there left over 13's. And what the 15 is gonna sell any better. Ohh wow why cause it has cruise and different color scheme WOW big deal. Us guys who paid nearly msrp couldn't trade up if we wanted to cause we are buried in ours. Like I said I love this bike as far as performance and handling and all around comfort but I just needed to vent about how it isn't worth jack crap on trade or even resale for that matter. Well at least it's a honda and it will run forever cause it will take that long to break even or even somewhat close. I gotta say this and I had problems with my 13roadglide all of which were covered under warranty at least it didn't drop no were even close to half of what I paid for it like this f6 did....Just saying. All this being said I still love this bike but all the crown royal I had for dinner tonight and reading this thread struck a nerve

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D View Post
    I have considered getting rid of my f6. But unfortunately when you pay close to retail less than a year ago and the damn thing isn't worth shit on trade it kinda makes ya pissed off. First let me say that I love this bike but it has dropped in value so fast that I'm forced to keep it. I'm not loyal to any one brand. I could care less what the make is. But I will say I could handle loosing 3grand unloading my harley after a year of ownership. But this bike is literally worth almost 10 grand less on trade vs what I paid for it. it all comes down to sales. This bike isn't selling. No matter how ya look at it dealers are having a hard time getting rid of there left over 13's. And what the 15 is gonna sell any better. Ohh wow why cause it has cruise and different color scheme WOW big deal. Us guys who paid nearly msrp couldn't trade up if we wanted to cause we are buried in ours. Like I said I love this bike as far as performance and handling and all around comfort but I just needed to vent about how it isn't worth jack crap on trade or even resale for that matter. Well at least it's a honda and it will run forever cause it will take that long to break even or even somewhat close. I gotta say this and I had problems with my 13roadglide all of which were covered under warranty at least it didn't drop no were even close to half of what I paid for it like this f6 did....Just saying. All this being said I still love this bike but all the crown royal I had for dinner tonight and reading this thread struck a nerve
    Wow. I had the same reaction when I heard my VTX 1800 was discontinued. All I can say is that today in Daytona, I was at the Honda tent and BY FAR the F6B display was stealing the show. For every person looking at any other Honda, there were 4 looking at the B. Just sayin
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have considered getting rid of my f6. But unfortunately when you pay close to retail less than a year ago and the damn thing isn't worth shit on trade it kinda makes ya pissed off. First let me say that I love this bike but it has dropped in value so fast that I'm forced to keep it.
    I think a lot of this is due to lack of awareness of the F6. As soon as people hear 'Goldwing' they assume it's a full Wing, and I am surprised how few people know anything about the F6. The other thing is the size of the bike, and again the assumption is it's big and heavy, handles poorly and is tough to deal with. Of course we all know different, but maybe Honda will spend a little $$$ promoting the F6 a little better. And eventually maybe awareness will increase, and stripped black 13's will be in high demand over those silly Yellow ones.

Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

I had to beg the HD dealer to take my F6B in trade. They own a Honda dealership and knew the true low value of the F6B. I traded it anyway, life is too short to be on a bike you don't enjoy. Honda discounted new ones right off the bat, then when they couldn't sell them, they discounted them even more. Never had a issue with my F6B except paint, just not the bike for me. Must be the t-shirts and Harley dogs that brought me back.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

I think the resale value debacle is a direct result of Honda screwing the buyers and dealers with the exclusion of cruise control, etc. It was a dumb, penny pinching move, and I knew the addition of cruise was inevitable, so I waited. Now I'm continuing to wait, because I can't bring myself to buy a new 2015 model when I've seen the bottom drop in the value of the '13 and '14 models. I'd be an idiot to buy it right now. I'll wait until the model year is changing and they are cutting the prices by 1/3 again. Until then, my R1200RT will have to suffice. After having the BMW for a season, I really have become a huge fan of cruise and electric windscreen. I'd probably be on a Victory Vision right now, which has those things and is more comfy than the Beemer, but the amount of heat generated by that thing in Summer riding is unbearable in Alabama.

In all honesty I think those thinking of selling should
    If you ride a bike and don't just own one you will know their are very few better.
    Yeah they mightn't have the T-shirts or the backup from magazines to support them or a Company purely focused on providing aftermarket so they can stay afloat???
    But you can ride them and ride them for distances.
    But then again even when they are shiny and yah pull up for yah Latte at Maccas they still dont get the look of those loud ones and yah definitely cant dress up like one of the Village People and ride em and be accepted like those on other Antique styled motorcycles
    But the F6B does handle. does have brakes that work, does accelerate, does have storage for more than a Brando jacket aside and is really comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    I think a lot of this is due to lack of awareness of the F6. As soon as people hear 'Goldwing' they assume it's a full Wing, and I am surprised how few people know anything about the F6. The other thing is the size of the bike, and again the assumption is it's big and heavy, handles poorly and is tough to deal with. Of course we all know different, but maybe Honda will spend a little $$$ promoting the F6 a little better. And eventually maybe awareness will increase, and stripped black 13's will be in high demand over those silly Yellow ones.

I agree with you motoman. I always thought a Goldwing was an old fart bike, so never took the time to understand how well it performs. Somehow the F6B caught my eye and I found a dealer with a demo unit. After I rode it, there was no turning back. The power and smoothness are unfrickin believable. I'm hearing more and more people in my riding circles talking about them. I think they'll catch on in popularity. No too much, I hope. I don't want to see too many of them around, prefer that mine stay somewhat unique.

I appreciate all the comments I just felt like I needed to vent about the resale and trade in value. I really do like the bike but I have a Beamer really catching my eye (k1600) and it just sucks to know the f6 isn't worth much on trade.

I have a 6 and love it. I also hang with my friends at the Harley shop. But I will never own a Harley agian