Why an How Come.. - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why an How Come..

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I'll make it public
    Should be good now

I checked and took a quick photo.
    My stock brake lever slotted screw connects to the acorn nut. I have no idea why yours didn't fit.

Attachment 11259

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I checked and took a quick photo.
    My stock brake lever slotted screw connects to the acorn nut. I have no idea why yours didn't fit.

Attachment 11259
    Is it just on there by a few threads? As you can see by the video there is nothing left to grab onto after that L bracket goes on. The acorn nut just sits there without grabbing anything.

Is it just on there by a few threads? As you can see by the video there is nothing left to grab onto after that L bracket goes on. The acorn nut just sits there without grabbing anything.

I don't remember, maybe was it a nylock acorn nut? Do you remember?

If that's the case, it wouldn't come loose on even a couple of threads.

If not a nylock acorn nut, I think it would have vibrated loose in 3k km of late season riding if just a few threads were holding it on.

I don't remember, maybe was it a nylock acorn nut? Do you remember?

If that's the case, it wouldn't come loose on even a couple of threads.

If not a nylock acorn nut, I think it would have vibrated loose in 3k km of late season riding if just a few threads were holding it on.

Kilometer, what the he'll is that? The back story is the video was private because I called Brian from Brakeaway and told him of the problem and he had no answer for me so I said I would post the YouTube video so maybe someone who had the same problem may have a remedy. He begged me not to do it, strange, so I said I would send it to him privately so he could look at it himself and see if he had an answer. Sent it and never heard from him again despite calling and leaving messages on the answering machine and with the secretary. Strange.

Kilometer, what the he'll is that? .
    The metre is 1000 times the base unit for measuring distances on this planet, and in orbit around this planet. It originated as a dimension based on one ten millionth of the distance, along a quadrant through Paris, of the distance from the equator to the north pole.
    It is easy to use, universal (except for the 3 backwards countries of the USA, Liberia, and Myanmar), and relies on repeatable scientific measurements, not on origins based on non-repeatable human measurements (foot, inch, cubit, etc).
    From 1960 to 1983 the metre was defined as 1,650,763.73 wavelengths of the orange-red radiation of krypton 86 under specified conditions; and now defined as 1/299,792,458 of the distance light travels in a vacuum in one second.

You wanted to know.

Back to the Brakeaway?

The metre is 1000 times the base unit for measuring distances on this planet, and in orbit around this planet. It originated as a dimension based on one ten millionth of the distance, along a quadrant through Paris, of the distance from the equator to the north pole.
    It is easy to use, universal (except for the 3 backwards countries of the USA, Liberia, and Myanmar), and relies on repeatable scientific measurements, not on origins based on non-repeatable human measurements (foot, inch, cubit, etc).
    From 1960 to 1983 the metre was defined as 1,650,763.73 wavelengths of the orange-red radiation of krypton 86 under specified conditions; and now defined as 1/299,792,458 of the distance light travels in a vacuum in one second.

You wanted to know.

Back to the Brakeaway?
    That was a rhetorical question but thanks for the full answer I don't like vague answers

I bought the Brakeaway, sent it back for one reason, the brake pivot bolt was too short to get the acorn nut on once you attached the L bracket from the unit. Brakeaway doesn't supply you with a longer one. Actually, after calling Brian from Brakeaway he said maybe Honda gave me short ones, which I knew was BS.
    Can't explain why your bolt was short on your bike but like Bigbird has said my bracket went on fine with plenty of thread left to make me comfortable with the install.Mine has been on for 10+ thousand miles(notice I did not use the dreaded K figure).It has been used a lot and has not come loose and works flawlessly.Maybe the owner of Breakaway has a valid point that your bolts were shorter for whatever reason.If this was a common problem on F6B's or Wings you would not have been the first with the problem.I still recomend this one because of the way it can be released by the brake handle which IMHO is a great safety feature for a older slow brain like me

You wanted to know.

Back to the Brakeaway?
    Hey bigbird as a proud to be American and original member of WAM (We Ain't Metric) I take umbrage with you statement "backwards countries of the USA" God gave me a foot and I use it... to walk and wrench... I do own a Canadian Adjustable Metric wrench which comes in handy for... &
    Now if ya want to talk about weird measurements how about Whitworth.
    Thankfully we got away from that in 1776.
    It's 75 degrees Fahrenheit (°F to you north of the border USA wantabees) & sunny,
    time to ride.
    End of

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

[QUOTE=bigbird;62193]The metre is 1000 times the base unit for measuring distances on this planet, and in orbit around this planet. It originated as a dimension based on one ten millionth of the distance, along a quadrant through Paris, of the distance from the equator to the north pole.

Americans were trying to join international metric system already . Since introduction of 2 LITER Coca Cola bottle , for over 30 years ( or so ) , US Congress is having prolonged debates with this issue and can't decide , where to go with it and how to teach children , to adopt "such a strange conversion". Just in case keep this subject under "American Exceptionalism" umbrella .