Rick Mayer Saddle, Got Mine Buiot Today

Thread: Rick Mayer Saddle, Got Mine Buiot Today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Congrats Bruce, on the new seat. I hope you and your butt will be happy for many miles to come.

Rick Mayer Saddle

Bruce you made me do it! I have a ride in appointment scheduled with Rick for 7/27/13.

How much did he charge?

Cost of seat

I got the "dual" seat which usually goes for $399. Because of the very large size of the seat, the F6B seat is an extra $125 for a total of $524. I believe that the solo version would be $444.

Rick installed the new Utopia backrest which I brought with me. He recovered both the Utopia backrest and the passenger backrest (front facing surfaces) to match the basketweave pattern used on the seat. The charges were $45 for the passenger backrest and $85 for the Utopia (recover and install).

Side note: My Utopia backrest is the extra cost, quick remove version so that I can remove it if I don't care to have it mounted for short, local, running around trips.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    It's hard to beat the saddles. I've had Russell Day-Longs (very similar to Ricks) on my last 2 bikes.
    I tried all the 'off the shelf' big name seats first, but each time I ended up with RDL's as 'the solution'.
    I promised myself on the next bike I wouldn't fiddle-fart around. Just get the RDL first and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    It's hard to beat the saddles. I've had Russell Day-Longs (very similar to Ricks) on my last 2 bikes.
    I tried all the 'off the shelf' big name seats first, but each time I ended up with RDL's as 'the solution'.
    I promised myself on the next bike I wouldn't fiddle-fart around. Just get the RDL first and be done with it.

Scotrod, do you mean like this?

Russell seat 007-400.jpgRussell seat 005-400.jpgRussell seat 004-400.jpgRussell seat 003-400.jpg

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    That's what I'm talking about!
    They aren't necessarily the most sleek/sexy seats made, but they are the best for comfort I've ever used!
    THANKS for the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert40 View Post
    Bruce you made me do it! I have a ride in appointment scheduled with Rick for 7/27/13.

You're going to really like the seat, Phil. I hope you get some moderate temps for the ride. I lucked out. The temps the week I got my seat had been abut 113 all week. They dropped nicely for my Saturday appt. and were only 97 when I left Rick's place for the ride home.