Just to clear the air
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just to clear the air

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I didn't mean to bring any disrespect or controversy to the forum. I try and keep the posts fun, somewhat informative with a sometimes spirited conversation. I think this is a great place for ideas and opinions and the members are probably some of the best of the forums I've been on. However, when it starts to take a personal turn, which I don't understand, I have no problem punching back. In the future I will try and do a better job of ignoring the other side but, again, sometimes it just begs for a return volley, I'll work on that. Again, my apologies.

Totally off subject but you're the first NYer I have seen on here. I was wondering if anyone else in NY knew how to use the forum lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADF6B View Post
    Totally off subject but you're the first NYer I have seen on here. I was wondering if anyone else in NY knew how to use the forum lol.
    In the city they're either on rice crunchers or Harleys. I have only seen one other person, since 2013, with an F6B beside me.

This thread, so far, illustrates just how "classy" this forum is. No doubt, we'll disagree at times and sometimes passionately but, in the end, we appear to be trying to take an "agree to disagree" attitude. This makes for an exceptional forum, IMHO .
    Ken (Hornblower)

guns, religion,politics,family

I've watched from afar, and it seems to me the hot button issues are gun rights, religion, politics, family, and you can add more and more. In the words of Rodney King... "why can't we all get along?"

If you are posting in the off topic, be thick skinned as yours is not the only or right opinion out there. it's ok to stir up the pot, just keep it civil.

I try to steer clear of adding to the BS, when these topics come up, I just think, everyone has an opinion, it is not mine and if someone tries to force an opinion on me, it's proof that they are not confident in their beliefs. Why else would they want me to join? so in short, I'll keep outta yours, you keep outta mine, and lets talk about motorcycles!

Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
    I've watched from afar, and it seems to me the hot button issues are gun rights, religion, politics, family, and you can add more and more. In the words of Rodney King... "why can't we all get along?"
    !
    Your list could also include Dark Siding, Oil etc. etc. Everyone, including myself, is passionate about something we hold close/dear to our heart. Forgetting that fact can lead to some downright "mud slinging". When it gets to that point it becomes time to "check all firearms at the door and head to the bar" Being on numerous forums over the years I've encountered my share "trolls" who make it a career of being "a$$hole agitators. Most Administrators and Moderators do a great job of culling the heard of those folks. This F6B Riders Forum is a great source of collective knowledge from great people and I'm personally delighted to be a member We are all guests in someone else's house and should act accordingly

Cool

Flyboy, "I don't know what you're really like, but just from reading your posts, you come across as a very intolerant person, and that is just my humble opinion. I wish you the best! "

Society as I see it is heading to pure tolerance...some older and most younger don't have a stance on ANYTHING...EVERYTHING is OK..... Seems to me their moral compass is broken, it is this same mindset that when we are taken over or whatever else is in this countries future will sit idly by while it happens and then will wonder why?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Flyboy, "I don't know what you're really like, but just from reading your posts, you come across as a very intolerant person, and that is just my humble opinion. I wish you the best! "

Society as I see it is heading to pure tolerance...some older and most younger don't have a stance on ANYTHING...EVERYTHING is OK..... Seems to me their moral compass is broken, it is this same mindset that when we are taken over or whatever else is in this countries future will sit idly by while it happens and then will wonder why?
    Give The Man a prize. Steve you hit the nail on the head. That's the new attitude. I call it Passivity. Everything is ok. Well its not. Society has gone to hell in a handbasket. The tree huggers forgot about 9/11. Thousands killed. Then they elected one. Yeah I went there. Well just in case anyone cares , nothing is OK. Not much is right anymore. And you know why? Our elected officials don't have the balls to stand up and admit that. That's due to the fact that the wrong people are electing them. There are a lot if good intelligent hard working people in this country that don't vote. That is the problem. Passivity. Guys its still OK to have an opinion and to voice that opinion. Its OK to defend that opinion vehemently. Take a stand. Don't just float down the river. Paddle hard!!!

Hot button issues

If you are posting in the off topic, be thick skinned as yours is not the only or right opinion out there. it's ok to stir up the pot, just keep it civil.

I try to steer clear of adding to the BS, when these topics come up, I just think, everyone has an opinion, it is not mine and if someone tries to force an opinion on me, it's proof that they are not confident in their beliefs. Why else would they want me to join? so in short, I'll keep outta yours, you keep outta mine, and lets talk about motorcycles!
    And which color is faster. That is always a big fight!

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetoc View Post
    And which color is faster. That is always a big fight!
    well you can't really argue, we all know it's black......

that is until someone removes the limiter and then it will be proven.

well you can't really argue, we all know it's black......
    That's a given.
    It's even in Wikipedia.
    And if not, it should be.