Just to clear the air - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just to clear the air

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    shooter
    Bird are you a preacher? I'm not trying to be funny but dang it you are always nice. I do appreciate people like you cause it helps the world balance out people like me. I'm not a bad person but after dealing with the public for 46 years I'm a little jaded. You're a fine man bird.

Big bird - I may "act" mature but inside I am an adolescent without acne and enough income to have a few fun toys. I act mature - mostly because I need to - otherwise I snicker at stupid stuff and think adults can be no fun.

So call me what you will - but my wife would think mature is a stretch - I do too. ,

And for those on the forum that can't be cool and find a way to voice your opinion objectively and with respect - find a different outlet for your negativity - us immature types don't like having our buzz ruined!

Peace out

JB

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Bird are you a preacher? I'm not trying to be funny but dang it you are always nice. I do appreciate people like you cause it helps the world balance out people like me. I'm not a bad person but after dealing with the public for 46 years I'm a little jaded. You're a fine man bird.
    No preacher here, Shooter. But thanks for the kudos.
    I taught high school shops (electrical) for 35 years. I now am doing part time trade math (carpentry and plumbing) to recently incarcerated adults. I can't say I've seen and done it all, but I've seen and done a lot. For 53Driver and other chopper drivers, I've even done some GTRO basics instruction. I had to take a 40 hour hands-on maintenance course at a world class overhaul facility for the RR250 (T63 and T703 in the military) used in a lot of small Bells and some fixed wing as well (Beechcraft Bonanza). But enough of me. Back to the F6B. Way more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    the RR250 (T63 and T703 in the military) used in a lot of small Bells and some fixed wing as well (Beechcraft Bonanza). But enough of me. Back to the F6B. Way more interesting.
    And the Silver Eagle P210. Ask me how I know!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    It's sometimes really difficult to bite one's tongue after being goaded or jabbed. I speak from experience.
    Yes, we've all had our buttons pushed at one time or another. There are always a few (and sometimes many) members of any forum who thrive on button pushing.
    I can't say I've found any here in the 7 months I've been a member.
    Most of the credit for that goes to Phantom, who does a fantastic balancing job between allowing freedom of speech and quick intervention, when rarely necessary.
    The rest of the credit I give to our members, who are mature adults, with a lot of life experience, and little to prove to others.
    A quick reset and forward we move.
    I couldn't have said it better myself, one must practice constraint at times for the overall good but then sometimes some people get on their knees and beg you to hate them, it's a process and a learning experience.

..on not having an opinion...this guy nails it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGAMd-tT6fQ

"inviting you to join me on the bandwagon of my own uncertainty..."
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I didn't mean to bring any disrespect or controversy to the forum. I try and keep the posts fun, somewhat informative with a sometimes spirited conversation. I think this is a great place for ideas and opinions and the members are probably some of the best of the forums I've been on. However, when it starts to take a personal turn, which I don't understand, I have no problem punching back. In the future I will try and do a better job of ignoring the other side but, again, sometimes it just begs for a return volley, I'll work on that. Again, my apologies.

You can't help it--you're just a little prick. And a liar too. I'll be happy to post the evidence for anyone who wants to see it.

I think you need a 30-day self-imposed ban to help you remember that we're all here to get along and exchange information. And you can start by adding your phone number to the private phone list to show your new commitment to cooperation. Maybe that will keep you honest and a little more responsible for what you post here.

BTW, nobody gives a rat's ass about what kinda Harley you used to have.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

So , nobody wants to know , that my WORST bike I ever owned , was Big Dog K-9 ?
    Looked pretty , sound even better , but ..... SO WHAT ? Horrible imitation of sick idea on 2 wheels .

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    So , nobody wants to know , that my WORST bike I ever owned , was Big Dog K-9 ?
    Looked pretty , sound even better , but ..... SO WHAT ? Horrible imitation of sick idea on 2 wheels .
    I started a new thread with pics of all our previous bikes called "Old Rides" let's see that baby

I have had Harleys for over 30 years....and I have NEVER been stranded on the side of the road.....and I have racked up lots of miles, lots of trips. If I enjoy the F6b "Nearly" as much, I will be very happy. Yes, Harleys may have primitive technology, but it works for them and MILLIONS and MILLIONS of riders across this great country and the world.
    "Current Stable"
    2013 F6B - black
    2006 Harley Davidson Screamin' Eagle CVO Ultra
    2009 KLR 650
    2003 Harley Davidson FLSTSI
    2003 Harley Davidson FLSTSI (yup, 2)
    2001 Harley Davidson FXDXT
    2006 Aprilia Scarabeo 500GT
    1981 Hondamatic 400
    1980 Yamaha Exciter 250
    1973 Honda CB360
    2009 Yamaha C3