Just to clear the air - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Just to clear the air

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADF6B View Post
    So they even offer an extended warranty for the F6B?? I was not offered one at the dealer when I bought mine new.
    I was offered the extended warranty, but not the $1K Honda Bucks.....

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    I was offered the extended warranty, but not the $1K Honda Bucks.....
    +1 Same here extended no $1k. Bought mine 1 April 2014
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by terrydj View Post
    Peoples opinion on bikes??????
    Harleys?????
    its 2015 and people still ride a bike that has external push-rods
    Breaks that don't work
    Styling that at a minimum is 40 years old
    A third world country finish
    And handling???? well we'll just leave it at that
    Oh and a charging system that's just ??????????? I mean its only 12 months old and the regulator rectifier is stuffed, and what the stater is stuffed because of some broken wires and why do I have to replace the belt, and it costs how much and takes how long ???
    and what do you mean its made in India, But its American and the advertising says so ?? and and and and oh I got to by another because of my Harley T-shirt collection
    Ahhh but I've built em and rode em but that was before Vaughn Beals formed a club to put American accountants on em (His own words)
    Yes - It's hard to believe , but HD sales outperform any other brand . Do not blame me for that .

I believe HD has 40% of the market...very well run company and marketing is superb!!!! Love them or hate them their business model is first class !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I believe HD has 40% of the market...very well run company and marketing is superb!!!! Love them or hate them their business model is first class !!!
    Speaking of "first class models" - interesting email, Sir Steve....thank you.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Yes - It's hard to believe , but HD sales outperform any other brand . Do not blame me for that .
    On what planet
    I know in America they did sell a few more than Ducati ???
    But thats it
    If their around 1/2 a million bikes new sold a year in America say and Harley sells maybe a touch over 250000 World Wide and 40000 of those in America, me thinks someones smoking something and I want some

But I do know for sure that Harley Davidson does lead the sales in Harley T-shirts, Bandannas and fake tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by terrydj View Post
    On what planet
    I know in America they did sell a few more than Ducati ???
    But thats it
    If their around 1/2 a million bikes new sold a year in America say and Harley sells maybe a touch over 250000 World Wide and 40000 of those in America, me thinks someones smoking something and I want some

But I do know for sure that Harley Davidson does lead the sales in Harley T-shirts, Bandannas and fake tattoos
    Some FACTS to check out....Harley produced 260,471 Motorcycles in 2013. In EUROPE, NEW motorcycle registrations were DOWN 6.4 percent while NEW Harley Davidson registrations in Europe were UP from 12 percent to 13 percent of NEW motorcycles registered in Europe year over year.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee....html?page=all
    "Current Stable"
    2013 F6B - black
    2006 Harley Davidson Screamin' Eagle CVO Ultra
    2009 KLR 650
    2003 Harley Davidson FLSTSI
    2003 Harley Davidson FLSTSI (yup, 2)
    2001 Harley Davidson FXDXT
    2006 Aprilia Scarabeo 500GT
    1981 Hondamatic 400
    1980 Yamaha Exciter 250
    1973 Honda CB360
    2009 Yamaha C3

Quote Originally Posted by BobinMich View Post
    Some FACTS to check out....Harley produced 260,471 Motorcycles in 2013. In EUROPE, NEW motorcycle registrations were DOWN 6.4 percent while NEW Harley Davidson registrations in Europe were UP from 12 percent to 13 percent of NEW motorcycles registered in Europe year over year.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee....html?page=all
    And if you want to know the currant sales info for almost every MC made try http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...statistics.htm
    even stats on the strange Ural Motorcycle with "1,206 units sold. Of those, 1,151 were exported from the Irbit, Russia, factory. The U.S. is the biggest market for new Ural motorcycles; half of the worldwide production (604 motorcycles) were sold there. Of those, 428 were the Gear Up, Patrol and Patrol T models and 8% of all Urals shipped to the U.S. were the two-wheel-drive sidecar versions. Most of the Urals are sold in New England, California and Texas."

yea I know TMI, but there are a lot of facts about MC sales on the site.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

shooter
    I don't find it hard to believe that Harley leads in sales. Everywhere I go that's all I see. The areas I ride in middle MO and Illinois I think I see 8 Harleys to every 1 of something else. Their customers are their best advertisement. To second what was said above , a very smart well run company.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I don't find it hard to believe that Harley leads in sales. Everywhere I go that's all I see. .
    The same thing here in Australia a few years back
    Yeap, every sunny Sunday before lunch lots of shiny Harleys everywhere with lets play dress up riders on their way for a Latte mega decaf, maybe 40 kays up the road.
    But now their all up for sale for twice as much as they brought em for because of all the shiny stuff on em and the same Coffee joints are full of SUV's ?????
    Don't believe me ???
    The Motorcycle for sale places on the net have thousands of Harleys for sale a few years old with at best 20 thousand kays on em and 3 years old.
    Thats around 4000 miles a year
    maybe 80 miles a week??????
    Here in Australia theirs a bit of a distance between Coffee shops ???