Old Rides
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Rides

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Old Rides

This was a 1983 Honda 650 Nighthawk I purchased new and had for a year. I know I have more pictures somewhere.

1984 Kawasaki GPS 110
    Sold the Nighthawk to get this bike. It was a dog off the line, used to race Honda CB 1100F's and they would launch off, but mid to top end it was a monster.

2001 Kawasaki STX-DI Jet Ski
    3 cylinder, 2 stroke 1071cc
    Not a bike but I found the pic of it when I was looking. The thing was a rocket on the water. The guy who I bought it off of worked in the Twin Towers and lost his job on 9/11 so he couldn't afford it. I bought it for the buy out of the loan, good news is gave him a spare key to use it anytime he wanted, and yes the name on the front of the vessel is "Taxfree"

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    2001 Kawasaki STX-DI Jet Ski
    3 cylinder, 2 stroke 1071cc
    Not a bike but I found the pic of it when I was looking. The thing was a rocket on the water. The guy who I bought it off of worked in the Twin Towers and lost his job on 9/11 so he couldn't afford it. I bought it for the buy out of the loan, good news is gave him a spare key to use it anytime he wanted, and yes the name on the front of the vessel is "Taxfree"
    Knew I had more pics

My old ride 2007 M109r made 145 whp. Has cams and a ton of work. Would bury the speedo at 160 with a blink of the eye. Sold it to my best friend, so I still have a key and access to ride it. The wing has plenty of power and rides like a caddy.
    2013 F6B in fast black. Lots of extras.
    2007 Suzuki M109R LE
    2000 Honda CBR 929 RR
    1992 GSXR 1100R W/1153 BIG BORE
    1995 Suzuki Katana 750 first bike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1975 Honda 750

Great bike that I purchased new after getting out of the service. Took a road trip from S.GA to Chicago to visit family and the ride back was solid hard rain and hydroplaned the whole time but had to get back and was just young and dumb enough to think I was invincible. I did make it back without incident but dang if I wasn't one wet tired rider.

Attachment 11498

Quote Originally Posted by XHarley View Post
    1975 Honda 750

Great bike that I purchased new after getting out of the service. Took a road trip from S.GA to Chicago to visit family and the ride back was solid hard rain and hydroplaned the whole time but had to get back and was just young and dumb enough to think I was invincible. I did make it back without incident but dang if I wasn't one wet tired rider.

Attachment 11498
    That's a beauty, and I think that's why I like those Royal Enfield's as a second bike they remind me of these bikes.

That's a beauty, and I think that's why I like those Royal Enfield's as a second bike they remind me of these bikes.

Thanks and besides being a nice looking machine it also had plenty of power and one night after a heavy libation participation I was bold enough to see what she would do and got her up to around 125mph which was way too fast for the bike. Amazing that we survive our youth.

Quote Originally Posted by XHarley View Post
    Thanks and besides being a nice looking machine it also had plenty of power and one night after a heavy libation participation I was bold enough to see what she would do and got her up to around 125mph which was way too fast for the bike. Amazing that we survive our youth.
    My priest says at a certain speed the Holy Ghost leaves you

Instead of that Royal Enfield as a second smaller bike for around town the new Harley Street 500 is very impressive. Sat on one at the dealership this past weekend and this is a small bike that would be very maneuverable and great for having fun. Fully water cooled just like the bigger Street 750 and the V-Rod. I am thinking that Harley is testing the waters with these two new water cooled V-Twins and may eventually be forced by EPA emissions to abandon the air/oil cooled V-Twin and join the rest of the motorcycle world with full liquid cooling. From what I have heard on the water cooled heads on the new Ultra Limited it is not really helping that much and the bike is still going into parade mode when running slow on a hot day and shutting down the rear cylinder.

Ride safe.
    X

Attachment 11514