I think I will listen to NASA and the DOD on this issue and let the deniers live in their delusions. I hope this doesn't offend my two followers as I would hate to have them run to the teacher and tattle tale on me.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...climate-change

"Among the future trends that will impact our national security is climate change," Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel writes in the report's introduction.

"Rising global temperatures, changing precipitation patterns, climbing sea levels, and more extreme weather events will intensify the challenges of global instability, hunger, poverty, and conflict. They will likely lead to food and water shortages, pandemic disease, disputes over refugees and resources, and destruction by natural disasters in regions across the globe," he adds.

The report asserts that climate change will affect the Pentagon's ability to "defend the nation" and "poses immediate risks to U.S. national security," which is why the department is factoring impacts into everything from "war games" to "defense planning scenarios."

The road map divides the Pentagon's response into two sections: adaptation, or addressing current and future changes; and mitigation, or actions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

Under those two sections, the Pentagon identifies three broad goals, which include identifying and assessing the effects of climate on the department, integrating it into every action across the department, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.