Is The Climate changing , or not ? - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Is The Climate changing , or not ?

Liberals aren't interested in facts , it doesn't matter to them, what they feel about an issue is all that matters. I live in the Liberal Mecca, New York City, and deal with this mentality all the time. They're like wanna-be hippies that missed the real issues of the 60's like true equal rights, extreme institutional racism and voting opportunity for all, except they should never be forgiven on how the treated the Vietnam vets. So these ribbon wearing retreads need a cause-du-jour to latch onto to feel apart of something, anything that makes their lives meaningful to them, but especially to their friends who are as clueless as they are. They are headline readers who are given the pablem to take and just enough information to make them enjoin the conversation in Starbucks but unable to debate it with facts. Symbolism over Substance is their calling card.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Liberals aren't interested in facts , it doesn't matter to them, what they feel about an issue is all that matters. I live in the Liberal Mecca, New York City, and deal with this mentality all the time. They're like wanna-be hippies that missed the real issues of the 60's like true equal rights, extreme institutional racism and voting opportunity for all, except they should never be forgiven on how the treated the Vietnam vets. So these ribbon wearing retreads need a cause-du-jour to latch onto to feel apart of something, anything that makes their lives meaningful to them, but especially to their friends who are as clueless as they are. They are headline readers who are given the pablem to take and just enough information to make them enjoin the conversation in Starbucks but unable to debate it with facts. Symbolism over Substance is their calling card.
    The thing for me is that most of this is fairly easy to deduce, with just a modicum of research. While I don't typically involve myself in discussions involving religion, politics or other such potentially volatile subjects, this one seems to me to be really straightforward. We do not have sufficient historical data to claim responsibility. Hell, if it were a goal of ours to raise Earth's temps by X degrees C per decade, I don't know how we could affirmatively back up the claim we'd succeeded. I doubt we could. We've had many climate changes over the millennia, and some demonstrably rapid. All well before the dawn of our industrial revolution. I do think the wanna-be hippies will be bitterly disappointed when they realize that the list of down-the-road replacements for fossil fuel is much shorter than they think, and doesn't include solar or wind. But as I said, the lights will stay lit.

Man could not destroy the planet if he wanted to, yet these wackos think some exhaust and plastic bags are going to send us into auto-destruction, laughable. They hate fossil fuel vehicles and love the green electric cars, the coal burners I call them. How do they think the electric is generated? They have no clue because they are only interested in the headline information and not the particulars, the facts. More importantly, I bet a pair of panties was never found in the back of a Prius, it's like a pocket protector on four wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    They hate fossil fuel vehicles and love the green electric cars, the coal burners I call them. How do they think the electric is generated?
    Coal is used for 40% of worldwide electricity generation
    Natural gas for 23%
    Hydro (falling water) for 17%
    Nuclear for 11%
    Oil for 4%
    "Other" for 5%

Stats found here: http://www.tsp-data-portal.org/Break...rce#tspQvChart

96% of my province's generation is from renewable, clean hydro
    The remaining 4% comes from 2 natural gas backup stations, 4 remote diesel generating stations, and the rest from wind farms.
    No smog or pollution or global warming here from generating electricity.

With -51 with the wind chill maybe you people should think about some ways to generate a little global warming, the downside of clean energy. If they could bottle up all the hot air coming from the Climate Change boogie men THAT would melt the polar ice caps.

Is The Climate changing , or not ?

Is The Climate changing , or not ?

I'm just waiting to hear Al Gore explain the cold temperatures?

The US navy believes in global Climate change and is actively making plans to deal with it.

http://greenfleet.dodlive.mil/climate-change/

Climate Change

In May 2009, the Chief of Naval Operations created Task Force Climate Change (TFCC) to address the naval implications of a changing Arctic and global environment. The Task Force was created to make recommendations to Navy leadership regarding policy, investment, and action, and to lead public discussion on this serious issue.

Climate change has implications for naval force structure and operations. Factors driving this include:
    •The changing Arctic;
    •The potential impact of sea level rise on installations and plans;
    •Changing storm patterns and severity;
    •Water and resource challenges;
    •Stress on vulnerable nation states; and
    •Increased humanitarian assistance and disaster response.

A number of scientific “wild cards” must also be considered, such as the impact of ocean acidification on ecosystems, abrupt climate change, and geo-engineering challenges.

Nowhere is the Earth’s climate changing more dramatically than in the Arctic. The U.S. is an Arctic nation and the Navy must be prepared to respond to the changes in this region. In the coming decades, the Arctic Ocean will be increasingly accessible and more broadly used by Arctic and non-Arctic nations seeking the region’s abundant resources and trade routes.

The Navy views the Arctic as a challenge, not a crisis, and acknowledges that the risk of conflict is low in the region; however, the Navy must consider responses to the changing Arctic environment from many different nations.
    JAYGO

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

One of my favorite proponents for Global Warming (2:05), a Congressman from Georgia

I am impressed with his mathematical abilities, geographical and environmental prowess

The NAVY Admiral was seeking funding for additional personnel to be placed on GUAM

No One get upset, this is FUNNY sh!t .... strictly for a laugh

http://youtu.be/A1c-jWXb0WQ

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Why is Antarctic sea ice at record levels?

While Arctic sea ice continues to decline, Antarctic levels are confounding the world’s most trusted climate models with record highs for the third year running. Karl Mathiesen investigates.

It’s not expected,” says Professor John Turner, a climate expert at the*British Antarctic Survey. “The world’s best 50 models were run and 95% of them have Antarctic sea ice decreasing over the past 30 years.”

The winter ice around the southern continent has been growing relatively constantly since records began in 1979.*This contrasts sharply with the continuing decline of sea ice in the Arctic, which again recorded below average levels of ice during the summer.

95% of the world's 50 best models had them decreasing, that's because they were programmed to say that. So if less ice in the Arctic means global warming then more ice in Antarctica means a coming ice age, I'll stay in the middle.

I think I will listen to Admiral Titley PHD and not radicals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSc5YImpUkQ
    JAYGO