Is The Climate changing , or not ? - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Is The Climate changing , or not ?

Since we're on the environment

Fears over plastic-eating coral in Australia's Barrier Reef

Corals in the Great Barrier Reef are eating small plastic debris in the ocean, Australian researchers said on Tuesday, raising fears about the impact the indigestible fragments have on their health and other marine life.

The scientists found that when they placed corals from the reef into plastic-contaminated water, the marine life "ate plastic at rates only slightly lower than their normal rate of feeding on marine plankton", the study published in the journal Marine Biology said.

"If microplastic pollution increases on the Great Barrier Reef, corals could be negatively affected as their tiny stomach cavities become full of indigestible plastic," Mia Hoogenboom of Queensland state's James Cook University said.

Translation - The environmentalists are sheeting a pill because the earth figured out a way, as it always has, to degrade plastic so it takes a major scare tactic away from their fundraising potential, follow the money.

Well the good news is when climate change renders the planet uninhabitable we'll finally be rid of Miley Cyrus, seems like a fair trade.
    ss^,
    Ken

Like plastic bags, environmentalist wackos, global warming/climate change boogie men and Miley Cyrus we're all going to be around for a long, long time. Although she'd make a hell of a stamp licker with that cow tongue of hers. I'll just let that one sit there and wait for incoming.

Even the "Red Chinese" believe in global warming.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...climate-change

U.S.-China Joint Announcement on Climate Change
    Beijing, China, 12 November 2014

1. The United States of America and the People’s Republic of China have a critical role to play in combating global climate change, one of the greatest threats facing humanity. The seriousness of the challenge calls upon the two sides to work constructively together for the common good.
    JAYGO

The position of the Chinese government on*climate change*is contentious. China has ratified the*Kyoto Protocol, but as a*non-Annex I country*which is not required to limit*greenhouse gas*emissions under terms of the agreement.

According to data from the*US Energy Information Administration*China was the top emitter by fossil fuels CO2*and China was also the top emitter of all greenhouse gas emissions including building and deforestation.

So we have to abide by the rules they don't, I'm trying to think why...

Got it -

BYD plans to introduce about four models for its U.S. debut at the end of 2015, said Stella Li, the senior vice president in charge of the company’s U.S. business, in an interview last week in Shenzhen, China. "Though BYD wasn’t ready when it earlier sought to enter the U.S. car market in 2010, the company is more prepared this time "she said.

Forget the Communist rule, human rights violations, massive executions of Tibet citizens, forced abortions and forced labor camps but cutting into the American car sales, that's unforgivable. Giving China any credibility is like Sammy the Bull whacking 19 people and believing he is a credible witness.

The fiddling with temperature data is the biggest science scandal ever

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/eart...ndal-ever.html

How can anyone trust these computer models....it's been proven time and time again they are all fudged! I find it hard to believe that models based on several hundred years of info at best, can predicted something that's been happening since ever.

Then you have:

http://farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

warnιng- eхplιcιт langυage

Why models run hot: results from an irreducibly simple climate model

"Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Climate change is new?

It isn't particularly hard for me to see why so many people have suddenly been enlightened to the concept of climate change, considering the flood of information available. The real mystery for me is how so many people, scientists especially, could think climate was ever some kind of constant. Earth's climate has never been a constant. Considering ice age after ice age through just the last 500 million years or so, one can only imagine the 'climate change' occurring during the repetitive ingress and egress of all that tundra. Sea levels would necessarily have fallen and risen each time the polar caps froze and thawed. Don't forget the wooly mammoth, who specialized to a point where he could survive the cold climates, then perished along with the last round of extreme cold. It could well be that humanity is having an impact somehow on the rate of change, but it is arrogant and short-sighted of us, as a race, to believe we are completely responsible for it. Or that we could do much about it. The lights will stay on, no matter the price, and self-flagellation will not solve anything. In short, I think it has not been determined as yet what is actually happening and, if anything unusual, who or what may be responsible for it.

Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1584 View Post
    It isn't particularly hard for me to see why so many people have suddenly been enlightened to the concept of climate change, considering the flood of information available. The real mystery for me is how so many people, scientists especially, could think climate was ever some kind of constant. Earth's climate has never been a constant. Considering ice age after ice age through just the last 500 million years or so, one can only imagine the 'climate change' occurring during the repetitive ingress and egress of all that tundra. Sea levels would necessarily have fallen and risen each time the polar caps froze and thawed. Don't forget the wooly mammoth, who specialized to a point where he could survive the cold climates, then perished along with the last round of extreme cold. It could well be that humanity is having an impact somehow on the rate of change, but it is arrogant and short-sighted of us, as a race, to believe we are completely responsible for it. Or that we could do much about it. The lights will stay on, no matter the price, and self-flagellation will not solve anything. In short, I think it has not been determined as yet what is actually happening and, if anything unusual, who or what may be responsible for it.
    With apologies, I just found the older thread on the same topic. Among other things, it included the point I was making but in much better form. Too bad it didn't end well. There are many well informed people here on both sides of most aisles, so I'll continue to spend much more time reading here than typing.....

Bill Strange