Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
My feeling is that after reading all your earlier posts again, that you really, really, want the 2015 F6B...If you can spend the money, I would go for it and not look back...It seems to me that you are trying to rationalize the purchase of the other options in your mind and that you may not be totally happy riding the used or leftover 2013's everytime you seen the current model...Life is to short to not enjoy what you ride...If "bucks" are, in reality, an issue then go for your cheapest deal and be happy!!!...JMHO
I would definitely prefer a 2015 F6B (in the cool new matte silver/charcoal gray color). I was assuming that there wouldn't be much discounting going on for those, and that I'd have to pay $21K or so to get a deluxe model, but it now appears that some of the Forum members are getting pretty decent discounts on the new 2015s (down as low as $18K for the deluxe model). That does change the equation somewhat...

I'm the type of person who is prone to weighting the overall "deal" on the bike more heavily than most... I tend to trade cars and motorcycles on a fairly short cycle, so I always need to drive a pretty hard bargain on the front end to make sure I don't get killed on the back end. For example, I paid $11,500 for my last Goldwing (2003 with 9K miles); I drove it for 4 years and sold it (with 25K miles) for $10,500. That's the kind of deals I enjoy...

So I'm trying to balance the desire for a killer deal (the 2013s) with my desire for a specific color and cruise control (the 2015s).

I'm inquiring now on what the actual best out-the-door price would be for a 2015 F6B Deluxe at my local dealers. If I could get one for around $18K, it may be worth it to just go that route. I can afford it either way, but always try to be financially disciplined in these sorts of things.

Thanks to all for such great advice! I'll keep you posted...