Contemplating F6B Purchase -- Advice Needed!

Thread: Contemplating F6B Purchase -- Advice Needed!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VP8 View Post
    I too love the center stand Rick...it's a lot easier to check the air and the condition of the tires and/or plug a rear tire...which I had to do recently.

Rick, check online for used F6Bs...and check the classified section of this forum...this will give you a good idea on a price. But really, I would offer the dealer $12K...they will counter and whine that they need to make some money off it...even though it just arrived. If they want to play rough...then leave them your phone number and walk away for a week. See what they do. If they offer you something more reasonable...like $12,250...then ask them to throw in a one year extended warranty...then it'll be a deal.

And you're right...Jap bikes are bullet proof...and the Goldwings have proven themselves...40 years. So yeah...I wouldn't worry too much about getting an extended warranty unless you just want that peace of mind.

Good luck, and let us know what happens.
    Thanks VP8! Not sure how they will react to an offer of $12K, but I don't have much to lose since there are so many new ones left over (and it's still below 20 degrees here in Omaha NE, so I won't be riding anytime soon anyway).

I appreciate so many forum members chiming in with advice! I'll definitely keep you posted on how I come out... One way or another, I'll be driving a sweet F6B this Spring! Rick

Even if you offer the $12k and they dont bite, you can always go up, go new, or go elsewhere.

Here's what I just posted in your same question in another thread.

"Making only $295 gross on a bike would not keep a dealer in business for long.
    If Honda motorcycle sales are similar to automobile sales, the dealer has about a 3%-4% holdback (also called floor plan) that is there to help the dealer finance the bike on the sales floor until it is sold.
    So if dealer cost is $18500, there is another $740 to the Dealer from Honda. In reality, the dealer's gross profit would be $295 + $740 for just over $1000 gross profit. Is that fair for both parties?
    I think so, especially for a bike that isn't in stock and hasn't sat on the sales floor for months eating into the floor plan.

BTW, is it Dillon Bros who wouldn't discount?
    If so, that's strange, as their online parts discounts are among the best in the US.
    I have bought lots of parts and accessories from Dillon over the years."

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Here's what I just posted in your same question in another thread.

"Making only $295 gross on a bike would not keep a dealer in business for long.
    If Honda motorcycle sales are similar to automobile sales, the dealer has about a 3%-4% holdback (also called floor plan) that is there to help the dealer finance the bike on the sales floor until it is sold.
    So if dealer cost is $18500, there is another $740 to the Dealer from Honda. In reality, the dealer's gross profit would be $295 + $740 for just over $1000 gross profit. Is that fair for both parties?
    I think so, especially for a bike that isn't in stock and hasn't sat on the sales floor for months eating into the floor plan.

BTW, is it Dillon Bros who wouldn't discount?
    If so, that's strange, as their online parts discounts are among the best in the US.
    I have bought lots of parts and accessories from Dillon over the years."
    Yeah, there may well be some dealer holdback coming into play here, but the price is still so much lower than the other dealer that it may be as good as it gets... And to answer your question, yes, I've been trying to work with Dillon Brothers on this deal, but so far they have been uninterested in discounting anything off full sticker for a new 2015 F6B... Does seem strange... Good to hear they have great prices on their online parts, though!