Best stereo upgrade options

Thread: Best stereo upgrade options

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Question for you, Jimmytee...Like you mentioned, the NVX amp is on backorder right now. Would you advise waiting for that one or would this one work almost as well:

http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosga...RPKVPCQ875C7F8
    Well according to the description or specifications , the amp is not bridgeable. So for what I did, no it wouldn't work. I have the two rear channels bridged to a single channel for the subwoofer. The combined or bridged output for the NVX is rated at 175 watts into 4 ohms. So you see what bridging can do, but the amp has to be able to do it. So effectively, I have the 4 channel amp running as a 3 channel amp.

If the NVX had not been available this is the amp I would have gotten. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113XR40...-4.html?tp=115
    I have it in my Valkyrie and it completely rocks and sounds very good. It won't ,however, fit where I put the NVX amp, but I could have found another place for it to go. The Kenwood amp is only 1" thick, but the length and width measurements are bigger. I fit it inside the Woody's Batwing fairing of my Valkyrie and it is sandwiched between the inner and outer shells. Since the photo was taken I hooked up the two remaining channels for 6.5" speakers in the saddlebags. In the photo, I have the front 2 channels powering 4 Kicker 5.25 " speakers. Two left in parallel and likewise for the right for a 2 ohm load on each of the front channels.
    Attachment 12255Valkstereo.jpg

Thanks, Jimmytee . You are turning out to be a great resource for this subject. Of course, it's probably going to wind up costing me money .
    Ken (Hornblower)