Best stereo upgrade options

Thread: Best stereo upgrade options

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The J&M are a fairing replacement speaker for the F6B. I found they can go up to 140wats http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....ctID=FSPU-GL06 J&M claims to be the premeir motorcycle stereo company / I have never bought anything from them.

Did you have to cut a hole in the saddlebag for your subwolfer?

Can you send me the link to you write up please.

Thank you,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    The J&M are a fairing replacement speaker for the F6B. I found they can go up to 140wats http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....ctID=FSPU-GL06 J&M claims to be the premeir motorcycle stereo company / I have never bought anything from them.

Did you have to cut a hole in the saddlebag for your subwolfer?

Can you send me the link to you write up please.

Thank you,
    Steve
    That's kind of it . I'm not saying anything bad about the J&M speakers, but you're buying speakers from a "motorcycle" accessory company, not an audio electronics company. Jus' food for thought. I did make three vents in the bag for the sub. Those were done with drilling small holes in a circular pattern and using a product called Frogzkins to cover those vents. The vents are discrete ,but I have some tremendous bass capability added to the music. I use a 4 channel micro amp to power everything. The amp is from a company called NVX. I will post a link to the write up later when I'm at my PC. I'm very happy. It isn't for everyone, but I love it.

I have installed the J&M's and am very happy with them.Best improvement for me is that I feel they sound better at higher volume levels which I need with my poor hearing.I can't see why I would need a high end setup for sound on a motorcycle as all the wind and outside noise plus my old man ears would not really experience the sound improvement.